722K Screen Shots and Initial Setup Thoughts

I seem to be having some trouble with the OTA module too.

Watching tv live is not a problem, its when I record something and then try to watch it I get an error every 2 minutes or so "portion missing due to lost signal" (not exact wording.) but it only appears to have 1-2 seconds of the show missing with each error.

Watched the Simpsons live without a problem and had watched Family Guy that I recorded and that was loaded with errors. (Wife had recorded Grey's Anatomy off the antenna and had the same problem.)

Signal is in the 73-85 range and doesnt drop out when we are watching it live.

Do you recall the signal strength before the module..(did you have a 622, etc?)

I seem to be having some trouble with the OTA module too.

Watching tv live is not a problem, its when I record something and then try to watch it I get an error every 2 minutes or so "portion missing due to lost signal" (not exact wording.) but it only appears to have 1-2 seconds of the show missing with each error.

Watched the Simpsons live without a problem and had watched Family Guy that I recorded and that was loaded with errors. (Wife had recorded Grey's Anatomy off the antenna and had the same problem.)

Signal is in the 73-85 range and doesnt drop out when we are watching it live.

Try taking the ota module out and reinserting it . I did this the other night and even redid all my cables etc. The next day I had no problems recording 4 things at a time. Before this I was having weird recordings on at least one of my recordings . Now 4 days later I have had no more problems.

Try taking the ota module out and reinserting it . I did this the other night and even redid all my cables etc. The next day I had no problems recording 4 things at a time. Before this I was having weird recordings on at least one of my recordings . Now 4 days later I have had no more problems.

Ok, pulled it out and put it back in. That thing sure does get hot.

Going to record something and see what happens.

Well, I guess I am one of the lucky ones.....my 722K has been working flawlessly since I got it a week ago (knock, knock). The one issue I am having is not really a problem with the receiver, but a problem with my setup. My previous receiver was a 622, and I have a Harmony 550 remote that I use to control my home theater setup. The problem is, when I use the Harmony remote to power everything up, the 722K prompts me to push and hold the '0' key to enter the system wizard. I am assuming since the Dish remote is married to the receiver that it detects the Harmony as a 'foreign' remote and wants me to perform the system wizard. I am not sure why it needs to do this, since the Harmony remote works perfectly with the receiver. Does anyone know how I can disable the system wizard, or if it is possible to 'marry' the Harmony remote to the 722K? (when I push and hold '0' on the Harmony remote, the system wizard does not start) Thanks!

So are you saying that the System Wizard prompt is only popping up since I never performed the System Wizard on the TV2 remote? If so, I will try that tonight (I hadn't thought of that - I just assumed it was a TV1 remote problem).

So are you saying that the System Wizard prompt is only popping up since I never performed the System Wizard on the TV2 remote? If so, I will try that tonight (I hadn't thought of that - I just assumed it was a TV1 remote problem).

Yes that is what I am saying. Do the system wizard for both of your tv1 & tv2 remote controls. You can do this any time and should do it time to time to back up your timers in your remote controls so if you need to replace the 722k , you can put the timers back on your new receiver.

Yes that is what I am saying. Do the system wizard for both of your tv1 & tv2 remote controls. You can do this any time and should do it time to time to back up your timers in your remote controls so if you need to replace the 722k , you can put the timers back on your new receiver.

Thanks Mike! I ran the System Wizard on TV2, and the problem went away. I just assumed since the remote worked from the start that I didn't have to run the System Wizard, but I guess that wasn't the case.

I did have another oddity last night on my 722k

When I got home and turned my TV on I was on an Acquiring Satellite Signal screen.

The weather was clear here, and I know my Dishes are in working order.

I couldn't do anything, if I pressed the guide button it told me the guide was not available.

I hit menu 1, 1 to go to the point dish screen, when I did this signal came back without doing anything. And also the guide was back instantly as well.

I can't wait for the next software release. Whenever I set something to auto tune I always have garbeled audio. :(

I did have another oddity last night on my 722k

When I got home and turned my TV on I was on an Acquiring Satellite Signal screen.

The weather was clear here, and I know my Dishes are in working order.

I couldn't do anything, if I pressed the guide button it told me the guide was not available.

I hit menu 1, 1 to go to the point dish screen, when I did this signal came back without doing anything. And also the guide was back instantly as well.

I can't wait for the next software release. Whenever I set something to auto tune I always have garbeled audio. :(

Scott
Had the same issue last night with my 722k, since I installed the OTA module.

Since I took out the OTA module and reinserted it, I havent had any video dropouts like I had been having.

Working great so far.

Since I took out the OTA module and reinserted it, I havent had any video dropouts like I had been having.

Working great so far.

I am glad to see that my suggestion is working . I haven't had anymore problems with my ota either since I reinserted my ota module.:up

How long has it taken you guys to get your receivers from time of ordering?
I know they always say 7 to 10 days, but in the past I always got them in just a few days....