78.0°W (Simón Bolívar)?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

pjcl

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2008
Earth
Lyngsat shows this sat at 78 W. Since my box doesn't have this location on the list, I need to position the dish manually. I have tried to use 11379 H 23000 as my reference, but no luck. Can anyone confirm this bird is out there? Is this tp correct? (I don't have blind scan) Is there a stronger transponder with which to aim the dish? Thanks!

Lyngsat shows this sat at 78 W. Since my box doesn't have this location on the list, I need to position the dish manually. I have tried to use 11379 H 23000 as my reference, but no luck. Can anyone confirm this bird is out there? Is this tp correct? (I don't have blind scan) Is there a stronger transponder with which to aim the dish? Thanks!

let me check as my dish right now is at 74w

No signal for me, could be that the LNB is Circular perhaps

That satellite is for Venezuela, so the footprint over the US is quite limited I think. I haven't been able to find a footprint map.

Once I checked the footprint for this Sat. I recall it basically being the "north" of South America. (Venezuela and Colombia). Copycat is that C-band or ku-band with the ten-foot dish?

This satellite is receivable here in southern Florida on C and Ku band as I stated on my original post. It is linear polarization (V & H). I have marginal signal on C band using a 6 ft dish with a C/Ku lnb combo using a Coolsat 5000. I'm sure witha bigger dish as someone in Orlando stated higher signals on C band.
I used a separate Ku dish (120cm Fortec) to receive the ku. Most of the channels shown here is also available on NSS806 40.5W which is easier to receive, but requires circular polarization ( Vive, Telesue, Colombeia, etc).

Simon Bolivar in North Florida....

I just tried for this bird here on C-band and have all the channels listed on Lyngsat.
The 3888 V transponder is at 37% quality with excellent picture and sound, on my 10 footer with the Coolsat 8000!
I'm in north Florida, halfway between Jacksonville and Tallahassee about 15 miles south of I-10. :D:up

I tried to find the Ku feeds from 78W a couple of weeks ago and got nothing. My guess is that I'm too far out of the footprint.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Can I use a Kbox reciever to catch 97W?

Which satellite am I on??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)