8/12/2009 1:10pm - Uplink Activity Report - 29 changes

I've only had Dish for 2 months now and I was wondering if I could get a little help? How do I know what Satellite name or # am I getting my signal from? Also I've been told that I'm on "the Eastern Arc", what does that mean?
Thanks for any help,
Ghpr13:)
Louisville, KY

While watching prticular channel, press Info two times and you'll see sat icon close to left top corner of the window and the sat#.

I've only had Dish for 2 months now and I was wondering if I could get a little help? How do I know what Satellite name or # am I getting my signal from? Also I've been told that I'm on "the Eastern Arc", what does that mean?
Thanks for any help,
Ghpr13:)
Louisville, KY
Eastern Arc = 61.5, 72, 77 satellites
Western Arc = 110,119,129 satellites

You can go to The List for details about what programming/channels are on each satellite.

CW in HD coming to OKC! That's 5 HD networks! Now if they would just add PBS-HD.

Direct already carries Portland, OR PBS in HD.

Please Dish, everytime I see the PBS promo for a HD program I wish it was available on Dish. PBS has so many nature other shows that would be so awesome in HD.

I have watched OTA at my son's in Portland and CW HD isn't that great, but PBS has an excellent HD picture.

Please consider adding PBS-HD.

Direct already carries Portland, OR PBS in HD.

Please Dish, everytime I see the PBS promo for a HD program I wish it was available on Dish. PBS has so many nature other shows that would be so awesome in HD.

I have watched OTA at my son's in Portland and CW HD isn't that great, but PBS has an excellent HD picture.

Please consider adding PBS-HD.

I don't see what the big deal is about PBS-HD. I have it via OTA, but anytime I'm scanning the guide I never seen anything on there that is worth watching. What are some good shows to watch?

I don't see what the big deal is about PBS-HD. I have it via OTA, but anytime I'm scanning the guide I never seen anything on there that is worth watching. What are some good shows to watch?

We like Masterpiece Theater/Mystery, Soundstage, American Masters, and Great Performances. The local PBS channel sends these out in letterbox. So there is a lot of black screen. Are any of these shown nationally in full screen HD?

We like Masterpiece Theater/Mystery, Soundstage, American Masters, and Great Performances. The local PBS channel sends these out in letterbox. So there is a lot of black screen. Are any of these shown nationally in full screen HD?

Most of the stuff I see when I flip through on PBS is in HD. Looks pretty good considering they have 2 subchannels running in SD.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)