8/13/2009 11:19am - Uplink Activity Report - 4 changes

I'm happy with the current uplink reports.

Maybe create a special uplink report section with the info he wants so that he'll quit coming to this one.

Let him start his own web site, I'm tired of his constant whining. He'll have a following of one, himself! :mad: :mad: :mad:
To add someone to an ignore list, so you dont see the details of the post.

Click the name on one of the posts,
select the option on the drop down to ignore his posts.
That's what i did months ago.

if you ever want to see it for any reason you select to show the details of any individual post.

Can we all please keep in mind one of the basic truths of the internet:

argue.jpg

(No disrespect to the dearly departed Mrs. Shriver intended)

Digi's report does just fine. And I;m perfectly content to find out 15 minutes after it happens.

OK, can we get going alone ?

I don't understand all the confrontation style - why someone with no less knowledge could present his own reports ? Why you need the monopolization ?
Why use the methods hitting below belt - ban,calling names, etc ?

Really, we had a lot of posts where ppl mistakenly/purposely posting incorrect info about anything - no issues, everyone is free/allowed to point to those errors or post his own opinion or facts.
Could we keep same rules/pace in the forum ?

Is this the "uplink" center or the "Days of our lives" center. I really don't write much but I take a look every now and then and see the constant battle between the two of them. It's getting...... well you know.

Well my uplink report shows BBCA in HD PBS in HD and dish out of business. Is what I typed true no but hey I can state it is cant I?????

Darn I like the uplink reports because I like soap operas??

9/14 9:45am PDT Dish start spooling new unscheduled version of SDT #6:

653/832 SETA on both 61.5W/tp14 and 110W/tp6 changed <something, what digi will explain by himself>. :)

added EIT_schedule_flag and EIT_present_following_flag

Last edited:
Smith, P put on ignore

Ok, I have finally had it...Smith, P placed in ignore list.

Out of the hundreds of posts, i can recall 2 that actually contained useful information, the rest are non-comprehendable, whiny or "I am better than digi...cause I figured it out a fewminutes earlier".

Good for you, but your wildly misinterpret my original posts.
There are no 'whining', just pure technical info.

Those ppl like you they are really whining because cannot discuss the matter of posts and prefer to flame a person, by following "discussion".
What is against the site rules.

actually to most people here it IS whining

I guess you forgot Scott's post earlier ;)

Scott Greczkowski said:
Stop whining about the uplink reports, if you dont like the way we do them then let me know and I will remove your access to the uplink center forum so you don't have to be bothered by them anymore.

Remember these are not Datastream reports, they are uplink reports that are geared twards consumers who wouldn't have the foggiest idea what a 0100 is in your reports.

nor could give 2 sh*ts what a 0100 is. They want it simple and concise. This is what was added or is coming down the pipe or (sadly in some cases) what was removed)

9/14 9:45am PDT Dish start spooling new unscheduled version of SDT #6:

653/832 SETA on both 61.5W/tp14 and 110W/tp6 changed <something, what digi will explain by himself>. :)

added EIT_schedule_flag and EIT_present_following_flag

You'll have to explain it since I can't see a month ahead in the tables. Do you see any new HD channels active on 9/14's tables?:eek:

Why not have a separate "SDT and other incomprehensible technical stuff" thread.

And not have it in the uplink section. It is annoying enough that the one has to wade through a ton of posts to monitor this section. Bury it down in the Dish Technical discussion forum, maybe even make it a sticky thread if there is real interest.

I have always seen the main purpose of this section of the forums is to see new channels being added. Perhaps speculate when they add 5 TMP HD channels or something. Not really care when they change flags on streams that do not affect customers. If they change a flag which changes a package that is interesting, or when they change the flag to make it available that is also interesting.

As far as promptness what good is it to know 30seconds - 15 minutes earlier of a channel when the CSRs are not going to know until the next day anyways to call and add the package (like with locals).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts