811 P3.34, Scheduled for 1-10-06

Another change with this version is when your Digital OTA signal is weak and you get the error message, it has the signal meter underneath. Better than having to keep hitting the "view tv" button while readjusting the rabbit ears.

I got the upgrade on Tuesday as well. I really like the signal meter on the error page, that's very handy.

Though, I have noticed the contrast suddenly seemes boosted over at least the Component outputs. Picture is really washed out where it wasn't on Monday when I was still on 3.33.

Upgrade washed out my picture

I got the upgrade on Tuesday and now my picture on my plasma looks like analog TV. :mad: The picture is all washed out and HDNET looks awful. I am running on Component outputs. Thanks Dish Network!
I will give Dish Network one week to fix this new problem they created. If it continues, I will drop the HD package.
I also turned off the automatic upgrades option. Is Dish trying to lose customers?

That's just great!! I hope they didn't f*ck up the DVI output. With the current one receiver upgrade limit I have to keep this POS for a while longer. :mad:

NightRyder

Thats why you have the ask permission checked in the menu. I remember thats how I had my 811. Waited for feedback on new s/w upgrades, once I saw they were worthwhile I would allow the download, otherwise I would just keep saying no.

Reefer123 said:
Thats why you have the ask permission checked in the menu. I remember thats how I had my 811.

I do, but the message gets annoying and it won't stop a "forced" upgrade. To top it all off, if your unlucky enough to get a call from the Nazi Audit squad you'll have to update the software to pass.

NightRyder

NightRyder said:
I do, but the message gets annoying and it won't stop a "forced" upgrade. To top it all off, if your unlucky enough to get a call from the Nazi Audit squad you'll have to update the software to pass.
NightRyder

I'll be waiting for their call!!!:devil:

NightRyder said:
That's just great!! I hope they didn't f*ck up the DVI output. With the current one receiver upgrade limit I have to keep this POS for a while longer. :mad:

NightRyder

The DVI output was "washed out" w/ p2.69 back in the summer of 2004. Before that it was spectacular. I finally gave up and now use the component output. E* must have found out that I changed sources, so they screwed up the component output signal.

Actually, they didn't screw up the component signal as bad as they did the DVI. I was able to reset my video tuning for component and get back to about the PQ I had w/ p3.33.

Ref: 33.4 Software/model-811

ChrisBMoore said:
I saw a post on the tech link portion of E site that said they will spool a partial phase of 3.34 for the DP811 on Tusday January 10. Any one have any ideas what this upgrade is supposed to accomplish? After the last one I get an annoying multicolor band at the side of my screen on all my HBO channels.
=As of WED:11Jan06, I received the 33.4 softwarefor the DP811. Now I "perceive" my HD pictures has a lost of "Chroma"! (ie Lacking the usually vivid colors). THR: 12Jan06, I notified dish-TECHs, and was informed that the purpose of the 33.4 software was to cleanup the EPG bugs and revise memory. I requested rollback to 33.3 software or the factory default of 289.......Its not possible now!!! Maybe I need to switch from HD-Component to the DVI now being used by my PC's DVI Card Output.

Noticed something today. I have two 811's, and was messing around with the HDTV setup menu 6-1-9. Tried putting the 811 in 720P mode, hit save, and the menus flicker like crazy, like a friggin' strobe light!!! Doesn't do it on 480P or 1080i, just 720P. Another bug perhaps with p333? Other than that everything works fine using the DVI out. Can any confirm this?

P.S.
Have my auto-updates turned off to not accept p3.34 til I hear more about it.

Come on guys - what do you really think this upgrade is all about?

It wouldn't surprise me to see a download come down for the 942 in the next few weeks too.
kgo_017.gif

waltinvt said:

It wouldn't surprise me to see a download come down for the 942 in the next few weeks too.
kgo_017.gif

Walt,

Hey neighbor. Well I don't know what it's all about, but I do know I'll keep refusing it til I hear more about it.;)

waltinvt said:
kgo_017.gif
They want to force us to get new receivers? :confused:

Jimmy J said:
Noticed something today. I have two 811's, and was messing around with the HDTV setup menu 6-1-9. Tried putting the 811 in 720P mode, hit save, and the menus flicker like crazy, like a friggin' strobe light!!! Doesn't do it on 480P or 1080i, just 720P. Another bug perhaps with p333? Other than that everything works fine using the DVI out. Can any confirm this?
P.S.
Have my auto-updates turned off to not accept p3.34 til I hear more about it.

For me it works in 720P and 1080i but when I try 480P I get a black screen. This is with P3.33.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)