82W only for Bell

apkehler

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 19, 2012
Lancaster, PA
As I've posted previously, I am now in an area where I can only receive signal from 82W and not the new 91W satellite. I have a Bell 9241 Receiver. I just installed a 30" Winegard dish which is giving me about 70% signal on all transponders. The trouble is, my receiver is stuck at "Acquiring Satellites...".

So my question is, can I receive programming from only 82W without 91? If so, what am I doing wrong? Do I need signal going into both satellite inputs? I have the line going straight from the single LNB to the receiver; have tried both Satellite 1 and Satellite 2 inputs.

Any help?

Thanks.

There is no reason why it will not work with just 82 signals, so there must be other issues.

First thing is to run a second line, the 9241 needs 2 feeds to function correctly.

Then go to MENU, 6, 1, 1 and check the signal levels.

Running a "check switch" will not hurt.

Thanks for the response. It's a long run from the satellite to the receiver. Will a switch do the trick?

And yes, I always run a check switch after changing the setup.

Alright, I took my TV and receiver out to the garage which is where the dish is mounted. I ran two cables from the lnb directly to Satellite 1 and Satellite 2 inputs. I ran "Check Switch" which shows connection on 82 for both inputs. I have 60-70% signal on all transponders for both inputs. Unfortunately, when I click "Done", I still get stuck at "Acquiring Satellite...".

Any ideas? Can someone validate that it works with only 82? You could disconnect the input from 91, run a check switch, and see if you get past "Acquiring Satellite".

Thanks!

If this is a new receiver it will need to download the firmware from 91 degrees.

I think you will also find that the EPG is on 91 as well, so your Guide will be all screwed.

Is there no chance of getting 91.?

THANK YOU!!! It is indeed a new receiver. I tried 91 again and was able to get just enough signal (40%-50%) to download the firmware. Then I had to resync the receiver from the website, point it back to 82 and now I'm getting all HD channels! I am also getting the EPG from 82, so at this point I don't see a need to try and receive 91 at all unless Bell decides to move some HD channels over there in the future.

Thanks again.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)