8300 Scientific HD box using HDMI

1_budz

Original poster
Dec 30, 2007
Hi, I'm new to this forum. I'm having a problem with the 8300 hd box using a hdmi cable w/my 40 inch Sony lcd tv. I have Time warner in Hawaii. I get a error msg indicating not to use the hdmi cable & to use component cables then a few minutes later I'm able to get any cable station. I'll be replacing the 8300 hd box but I'm wondering if there is a work around this error msg. Everytime I turn off the lcd tv and then power it on later I get that error msg again. It's quite irritating. I'd appreciate any comments. Thanks in advance.:)

Try this: Turn both devices off, then turn the TV on 1st, then the set-top.

Thanks for the reply! I had a defective SA 8300 HDC box and got a replacement but all is not well. The original problem is fixed but I found out that since I'm using a Sony VCR/COMBO unit (no tuner) that is hooked up via A/V cables to the HD box my LCD TV has to be powered on. If I turn it off there's no recording on the Sony VCR/COMBO unit. This is because I have the SA 8300 HD box hooked up via HDMI to my LCD TV. Unfortunate for me since I need to use the vhs to record stuff for my folks. So this SA 8300 HDC box is going back to the cable company & I'm gonna get back a digital box instead. If anyone else has a solution to my situation I'd appreciate it. I'll probably switch the HD box sometime this weekend. Thanks in advance! :)

As far as I recall, TWC's box disable the analog (component and RCA) ports when the digital (HDMI) port is active. You could connect your LCD with component and VHS via RCA.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts