921 & 946

kfried001

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 9, 2004
I know this may not be the right place to post but Scott or Sean or anyone please help. I heald off on getting a 921 or 946 to see what D* has upp their sleeve. I know these two units are MPEG2 compatible but I talked with the advanced technology department at E* yesterday (not tech support) and they assured me that both the 921 and the 946 are both MPEG 4 compatible with just a software download. they just have not enabled it because they don't transmitt in MPEG 4 yet.

Was she telling the truth?

Nope not software upgradable.

And it's a 942 not a 946.

But the MPEG4 version of the HD-DVR is going to be exactly like the 942 so there's a good chance that anybody that gets one of those, dish will send out the MPEG4 version and collect your so they can upgrade it to MPEG4 and give it to someone else

But don't quote me on any of that :)

BFG said:
Nope not software upgradable.

And it's a 942 not a 946.

But the MPEG4 version of the HD-DVR is going to be exactly like the 942 so there's a good chance that anybody that gets one of those, dish will send out the MPEG4 version and collect your so they can upgrade it to MPEG4 and give it to someone else

But don't quote me on any of that :)
Why would the Advanced Technology Department tell me that all Dishpro and not legacy equipment was mpeg-4 s/w upgradeable and willing to send me an email to that effect then? strange....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)