922 is messed up big time

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I was seriously contemplating doing a MR. I'm glad I didn't. I haven't exactly fixed anything to where it is operating normally, but I did discover something interesting that did fix the problem for the most part. On the front panel, the bottom button on the right..I noticed that if I depressed this button, the rapid channel changing would stop...but nothing could be done beyond that, such as changing chs and sats, etc..at least not via the front panel anyway. Oddly enough, while holding this button in, all of the features worked via the remote. So I finally found something to wedge in the side of the button so that it would stay depressed without me having to hold it in. I first tried some tape, but it wouldn't keep it held in. I finally discovered that a thumb tack would do the job. Of course I don't have the tack jammed in so far to where it could come in contact with something inside of the 922, but just far enough to do the trick. I realize this sounds kind of tacky..but it's actually working. 3 hours and counting so far...no problems yet..everything still working via the remote..all of the features. Man I'm glad I didn't do a MR. I would have regretted it..I know.

You have something shorting out on the pcb that the buttons are on. Take it apart if you electronically inclined. I bet it's an easy fix. I tore a 920 apart the other day and put it back together it's no biggie.

highskies said:
I was seriously contemplating doing a MR. I'm glad I didn't. I haven't exactly fixed anything to where it is operating normally, but I did discover something interesting that did fix the problem for the most part. On the front panel, the bottom button on the right..I noticed that if I depressed this button, the rapid channel changing would stop...but nothing could be done beyond that, such as changing chs and sats, etc..at least not via the front panel anyway. Oddly enough, while holding this button in, all of the features worked via the remote. So I finally found something to wedge in the side of the button so that it would stay depressed without me having to hold it in. I first tried some tape, but it wouldn't keep it held in. I finally discovered that a thumb tack would do the job. Of course I don't have the tack jammed in so far to where it could come in contact with something inside of the 922, but just far enough to do the trick. I realize this sounds kind of tacky..but it's actually working. 3 hours and counting so far...no problems yet..everything still working via the remote..all of the features. Man I'm glad I didn't do a MR. I would have regretted it..I know.

Defo sounds like a faulty button, or short on that button, if wedging a tack fixes it then go brave!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)