99b transmitting, and did 119 transponders change?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

blunck2

Original poster
Sep 24, 2007
Hi all. I've been lurking in the forums since early September when I heard about the rollout. Thanks to ScoBuck, Scott, ramy, and all the other folks whos names I'm currently forgetting for all the research you've done. It's very much appreciated by myself and I'm sure by everyone else in the forum.

I wanted to post a few observations I made, and they may not be accurate.

Last night I took a look at my signal strengths and to my surprise I started receiving a signal on the 99(b) satellite. I could've sworn that I didn't have any signal from 99(b) ever, and no transponders showed up. Am I mistaken? If 99(b) was always up there, does anyone have any idea what it transmits? I'm just curious...

I also think that the transponders on the 119 satellite might have changed. I seem to recall the transponders on 119 being in the low range (e.g. 1 - 11), and the other day they hopped up to the high numbers (21-31?). Am I mistaken with this as well?

I can't even begin to imagine the complexity of the system D* is trying to bring online right now, but I will go ahead and speculate and say that it would not surprise me if part of this rollout involves reconfiguration of some existing satellites. Maybe that's partly responsible for the delay?

Thanks again to all the mods for feeding us information.

Hi all. I've been lurking in the forums since early September when I heard about the rollout. Thanks to ScoBuck, Scott, ramy, and all the other folks whos names I'm currently forgetting for all the research you've done. It's very much appreciated by myself and I'm sure by everyone else in the forum.

I wanted to post a few observations I made, and they may not be accurate.

Last night I took a look at my signal strengths and to my surprise I started receiving a signal on the 99(b) satellite. I could've sworn that I didn't have any signal from 99(b) ever, and no transponders showed up. Am I mistaken? If 99(b) was always up there, does anyone have any idea what it transmits? I'm just curious...

I also think that the transponders on the 119 satellite might have changed. I seem to recall the transponders on 119 being in the low range (e.g. 1 - 11), and the other day they hopped up to the high numbers (21-31?). Am I mistaken with this as well?

I can't even begin to imagine the complexity of the system D* is trying to bring online right now, but I will go ahead and speculate and say that it would not surprise me if part of this rollout involves reconfiguration of some existing satellites. Maybe that's partly responsible for the delay?

Thanks again to all the mods for feeding us information.

99b has been there for over a year. It is all spot beams, so you may not have had anything in your area to receive until recently, although I have not heard of any new markets being turned on lately. What is your zip code?

119 has always been TP 22-32 for at least the 5 years I've been with them.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Help Understanding 720p 1080i?

Top 10 things that might be wrong with D10?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)