99c possible problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DJ Matt

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Aug 13, 2008
As I understand it, the NFL ST SF channels are on 99c. I went ahead and did a signal test for this and I saw a lot of numbers pop up between 74-80. This is getting close to down near 70. Should I be concerned or no?

If it were my dish, I'd try to tweak it myself.

I don't think DirecTV will send anyone out until you are losing channels.

But your signals are about like mine--one transponder is about 69 on my dish--and I can't seem to do any better.

As I understand it, the NFL ST SF channels are on 99c. I went ahead and did a signal test for this and I saw a lot of numbers pop up between 74-80. This is getting close to down near 70. Should I be concerned or no?
Matt... Are you certain that they're on 99c? After reading your post I checked mine and I have great (93+) signal on 99a and 99b, but 99c does not even show up when I toggle through all the sats. I went to channel 704 and there is guide info (upcoming:etc.) I'm beschmuggled as to why no 99c.:confused:

UPDATE: Googled more information-- Directv HD rec'vr will show 99a (for conus) and 99b (for spot beams) but the HD-DVR will show 99c (for conus) and 99s (for spot beams) ( thanks to bosco10021) :cool:

Last edited:
Matt... Are you certain that they're on 99c? After reading your post I checked mine and I have great (93+) signal on 99a and 99b, but 99c does not even show up when I toggle through all the sats. I went to channel 704 and there is guide info (upcoming:etc.) I'm beschmuggled as to why no 99c.:confused:

UPDATE: Googled more information-- Directv HD rec'vr will show 99a (for conus) and 99b (for spot beams) but the HD-DVR will show 99c (for conus) and 99s (for spot beams) ( thanks to bosco10021) :cool:
I read over on DBS that they will be on 99c. Hopefully my signal strengths do not go down.

Now some of my numbers are in the 60's on 99c and 103c. Maybe thats because it rained 4 steadily all day? Gustav's remnants were raining down here in Chicago all day. If the numbers are in the 60's though, will that be good enough or no?

Now some of my numbers are in the 60's on 99c and 103c. Maybe thats because it rained 4 steadily all day? Gustav's remnants were raining down here in Chicago all day. If the numbers are in the 60's though, will that be good enough or no?

You won't lose picture until you're below 30.

thanks for the tip - I was concerned because I don't have 99c but its because I have the HD box only - my transponders are in the 50 - 80 range so hopefully I'll be ok for tomorrow's games - can't wait

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)