a couple questions before i buy

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ynnedibanez

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 7, 2009
Greeneville, Tennessee
i need blindscan, dvb-s, s2, 8psk, and 4:2:2 would be a nice bonus, so from what i've read, the dvbworld card is the only one that can do all of these well.
but i've not seen any mention of digicipher2 or dss in any of the specs for this card.
does the dvbworld 2104d not support digicipher2 and dss?
and if not, if i wanted to, is it possible to run 2 different satellite cards in 1 computer, or is that just asking for driver problems?
thanks for any info,
Denny

You've got your facts right. Good research.

Yes you can run more then one no problem. I use a skywalker-1 which does dvb-s, DGII, dss, and turbo-fec alongside a prof 7500 which does dvb-s and dvb-s2.

Sometimes apps aren't writen to handle multiple of the exact same tuner. But most have no problem. And darn near everything will have no problem with multiple different tuners.

Nice thing about USB though is you can easily disconnect and reconnect them if you do encounter some specialized app that you love but has issues with a second tuner.

I'm on the market also to buy a Linux compatible DVB-S / DVB-S2. I'm shooting for DVBWorld 2006 (PCIe) or DVB-S2 CA USB 2104D. However, I'm kind of concerned if the Prof tuners that uses newer chipsets wouldn't be a better option.

I will use this tuner on an HTPC based on Zotac IONITX-L-E motherboard. This mobo has a PCI Express 16X and I think the PCIe 1x will work fine, won't it?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts