A Genie Question....

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Not necessarily tied to the original post but I do have a Genie question and didn't want to start a new thread about it.  I recently got a Genie 44 and a mini-Genie to go along with my HR-22 and HR-24.  I put the Genie in the family room as the main box, the mini-Genie in the basement which will be for the kids and I moved the worst one (HR-22) to my office to be my box.  I have older things on it that I would like to keep and I have things that I have set up to record on the Genie that may/may not record on my box due to space.  Is the best way make it "my box" to turn off the entire whole-home dvr service (Share Playlist and Allow Deletion From) on this box OR because I may want to watch some things on other boxes from time to time just change the "Allow Deletion From" from "All Rooms" to "This Room Only"?  Hopefully this is making sense.  Basically, I want to be able to have my stuff on any/all of the boxes but be able to delete, from my box, the stupid stuff that my kids and wife tape that I don't want...Thanks!

Still hoping for an answer here for my Genie question.

I recently got a Genie 44 and a mini-Genie to go along with my HR-22 and HR-24. I put the Genie in the family room as the main box, the mini-Genie in the basement which will be for the kids and I moved the worst one (HR-22) to my office to be my box. I have older things on it that I would like to keep and I have things that I have set up to record on the Genie that may/may not record on my box due to space. Is the best way make it "my box" to turn off the entire whole-home dvr service (Share Playlist and Allow Deletion From) on this box OR because I may want to watch some things on other boxes from time to time just change the Allow Deletion From from "All Rooms" to "This Room Only" for the Genie? Hopefully this is making sense. Basically, I want to be able to have my stuff on any/all of the boxes but be able to delete, from my box, the stupid stuff that my kids and wife tape that I don't want...Thanks!

If you turn off Share Playlist then you can still see other rooms but other rooms cannot see you. Another solution is to add a band stop filter to the device you want to isolate, which would block all traffic (you won't be able to see them, they won't be able to see you.)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Channel 9506

Ch.358 "CurrentTV" Has Been Replaced With "Al Jazeera America"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)