A LOT of EA games losing Multiplayer June 30th.

meStevo

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 20, 2004
Las Vegas, Nevada, United States
I've never understood the brief hysteria around some of these shutdowns. Just feeds agenda posters for the most part I think (not referring to why you posted this)

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
Well part of the issue is that without multiplayer, a bunch of these games are basically useless. I mean who is going to play Star Wars: Battlefront without Multiplayer? Yes at the end of the day, not a ton of people will be affected by this (including myself) but it does sort of suck that after June 30th, a whole part of the game won't work anymore. And yes, the fact that it's EA and they seem to do this a LOT more often than other publishers does inflame gamers a bit more, but as history has proven, gamers want everything to work forever, for better or worse.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
It's both. Gamespy shutting down has put a LOT of games from different companies in limbo. However, EA for a while had a "We'll get back to you about it" attitude, and now they're basically saying "Yeah, we're just going to shut everything down." Not surprising given the cost/benefit analysis of keeping these games up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts