A new DVB-S2 receiver similar in concept to a HDHomeRun?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Good to know. I also got the email that mine will arrive this week. I am very curious about this new product. I will be able to immediately test it on a shared network that feeds four homes.

Well it is up and running. I only had time tonight to see if it could stream and I could receive with VLC.
I tried it on 58W. It works good with SD channels. It was scratchy with NHK's 1080i channel. This weekend I will do more experiments with 720p channels and get the 2nd tuner up and running.

Does anyone else have any test results from this unit? Does it work with TSReader? I'd love to read a full review.

- Trip

You can buy mine. I used it for a week and then took it off line. It just sits there and reminds me that I made a mistake. It can not process the high bit-rate (mp4) signals and I prefer to watch only high bit-rate signals. I am opting to build a server that does the same as the MOI, but with a processor that can decode every signal smoothly.

I have not tried TS-reader. My TS-Reader outputs to my VLC player. The MOI also outputs to my VLC player. There would be no point to using the TS-reader as the MOI already processes the signal to be played by VLC. I do still use the TS-reader with the 6922 card though.

Last edited:
guacharaca said:
You can buy mine. I used it for a week and then took it off line. It just sits there and reminds me that I made a mistake. It can not process the high bit-rate (mp4) signals

Boo!! That's not good.

I Wonder if there's a firmware upgrade that could fix it.

guacharaca, you try recompiling the applications, playing with the DMX BUFFER SIZE? I know it helped alot when I was using dreambox's, others on TBS forums have mentioned it helped them.

UDL

guacharaca, you try recompiling the applications, playing with the DMX BUFFER SIZE? I know it helped alot when I was using dreambox's, others on TBS forums have mentioned it helped them.
UDL
I am not a Linux person....yet. But recompiling makes sense. I will have to learn Linux for the new server so I might as well tweek the MOI once I have a grip on recompiling the TVheadend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)