A Sirius Question about Timetrax before buying

LxMxFxD

Original poster
Dec 1, 2005
Ok pardon the pun in the title... but....

I'm interested in buying the entire package XM or sirius (haven't decided yet). However this is entirely dependent upon the answer to this question:

Does timetrax delete commercials from the talk radio stations?

For example - if I wanted to record the O'reilly factor - could I schedule this and have it record the whole show commercial free? It says it does this in the "features" section at their website - but not sure if it does this on the talk radio stations.

Thanks all for your help

LxMxFxD said:
Ok pardon the pun in the title... but....

I'm interested in buying the entire package XM or sirius (haven't decided yet). However this is entirely dependent upon the answer to this question:

Does timetrax delete commercials from the talk radio stations?

For example - if I wanted to record the O'reilly factor - could I schedule this and have it record the whole show commercial free? It says it does this in the "features" section at their website - but not sure if it does this on the talk radio stations.

Thanks all for your help

Time Trax doesn't go out and specifically delete the commercials. What can happen, with the feature called "split trax" it will name the individual recordings what ever the Artist and Song (2 seperate lines of characters on the display) changes. This in-turn, allows you to distinguish the commercials from the show breaks.

I am using the TT software to record 4 hours of the Opie & Anthony show. I have "Split Trax" enabled which allows individual tracks to be created for each time the titles change on the information. Along with track numbers this allows for the entire show to be recorded. I can then delete the smaller tracks of commercials and move on with my listening.

More advanced you can enable something called "kill lists" this allows you to place common commercial names and other items into a list - and when enabled - Time Trax will NOT record ANY ITEM on ANY CHANNEL with those words in the titles. You can turn on and off this feature at any time and set it up in the scheduler.

I hope this helps your investigation...

PhuckNut said:
Time Trax doesn't go out and specifically delete the commercials. What can happen, with the feature called "split trax" it will name the individual recordings what ever the Artist and Song (2 seperate lines of characters on the display) changes. This in-turn, allows you to distinguish the commercials from the show breaks.

I am using the TT software to record 4 hours of the Opie & Anthony show. I have "Split Trax" enabled which allows individual tracks to be created for each time the titles change on the information. Along with track numbers this allows for the entire show to be recorded. I can then delete the smaller tracks of commercials and move on with my listening.

More advanced you can enable something called "kill lists" this allows you to place common commercial names and other items into a list - and when enabled - Time Trax will NOT record ANY ITEM on ANY CHANNEL with those words in the titles. You can turn on and off this feature at any time and set it up in the scheduler.

I hope this helps your investigation...

Ahh that seems to help. So I could sort of sort by filesize and commercial tracks are almost certainly smaller files, because there maybe 3minutes of commercials with 8minutes of show, something like that? Is that a pretty standard thing, sorting by filesize to delete the commercials?

Thanks again.

LxMxFxD said:
Ahh that seems to help. So I could sort of sort by filesize and commercial tracks are almost certainly smaller files, because there maybe 3minutes of commercials with 8minutes of show, something like that? Is that a pretty standard thing, sorting by filesize to delete the commercials?
Thanks again.

I am not sure if its a 'standard thing' its just the way I do it when a new commercial is NOT in my KILL list ---- remember ---- Kills lists can be created so that when the title changes to something that you already know is a commercial, TimeTrax WON'T even record it. This helps eliminate the commercials from being in the directory.

However, I do, sort by file size, delete everything that is less than 1MB, and then sort by time created to get the correct sequence... Then load it to the MP3 player, and GO :)

It is very easy to set TimeTrax to not record anything less than say, 5 minutes in length. So if there are 3 minutes of commercials (or even a 3 minute commercial), it will be discarded automatically.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)