A3 Rom Updates

wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
A3 ROM31 is available from the Amiko Software Downloader App.

Since this is the first ROM available for update in North America please carefully read the update instructions here: http://www.amiko-a3.us/guides/AMIKO%20RO...CTIONS.pdf

The system will remind you about making a backup. If you have not backed up userdata and apps you need to do this. Instructions are here: http://www.amiko-a3.us/guides/HOW%20AND%...R%20A3.pdf

A normal ROM update will not wipe userdata and Apps but better safe than sorry. You need a backup just in case something ever goes wrong or you wipe userdata.

The main improvement for us in ROM31 is with the Software and Satellite Downloaders. You no longer need to go to “downloads” and delete the temporary files. A3 will do this on the next boot. Note: it does not do this right after installing a ROM, it is the next time it is booted/rebooted.

Since Conax basically is not used in NA/NZ/AU it has been eliminated. If you want it you can install from A3 Appstore as a userapp that you can delete.

Spark2 Weather App has also been eliminated from the ROM. Like Conax you can install from A3 Appstore if you want. The Weather Channel and Accuweather Apps are also in A3 Appstore and on Google Play.

Other improvements is the addition of animated boot logo, general bugfixes and some things for DLNA.

This ROM does not address the Diseqc 1.2 position numbers being -1. That will be addressed in the next ROM. Likely we will release a dev version of this early.

Attachments

• AMIKO ROM [SOFTWARE] UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS.pdf
    3.1 MB · Views: 473
  • HOW AND WHAT TO BACKUP ON YOUR A3.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 211
Reactions: Dee_Ann
Hello Doug
I confused regarding this statement:

There are 3 different software versions currently available for Amiko A3. but they claim

While you are welcome to run any of the three software versions be aware that if you change from the Amiko
ROM you will lose functions including the ability to load Amiko ROMs, USA satellite lists and other
functionality. You will not be able to change back to Amiko ROM until they are available from the normal
Update App since Spark2 software does not have the capability to load Amiko ROMs

at this point I don't know which one to download because it may screw things up, Why don't just post one file that is not going to harm the receiver in any way.
Which one did you downloaded.
Please let us know.
Regards.
Tunder

Hello Doug
I confused regarding this statement:

There are 3 different software versions currently available for Amiko A3. but they claim

While you are welcome to run any of the three software versions be aware that if you change from the Amiko
ROM you will lose functions including the ability to load Amiko ROMs, USA satellite lists and other
functionality. You will not be able to change back to Amiko ROM until they are available from the normal
Update App since Spark2 software does not have the capability to load Amiko ROMs

at this point I don't know which one to download because it may screw things up, Why don't just post one file that is not going to harm the receiver in any way.
Which one did you downloaded.
Please let us know.
Regards.
Tunder

I didn't see any of those Option during the Upgrade process ! Just followed the directions and everything went well.

http://www.amiko-a3.us/guides/AMIKO ROM [SOFTWARE] UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS.pdf

I'm not updating firmware every time a new one comes out. I'll going to be prudent and wait a bit until it's much closer to a final release. There's nothing I hate worst than getting it the way I want it, and a new firmware blows everything away and it has to be re-done from scratch.

Reactions: Dee_Ann
I didn't have any problems doing the upgrade.

The ROM's have the date and version number and the instructions say the newest ROM is at the top of the list.

Ernie

SCREEN SHOT 0.06524046040668174.jpg

I just updated mine and now when it boots it says SparkHome isn't responding. Do you want to close it.

The remote does nothing its blinking purple color. I can not click on the wait or OK screen. The TV app is loaded under it but I can not access it.

Any ideas?

I just updated mine and now when it boots it says SparkHome isn't responding. Do you want to close it.

The remote does nothing its blinking purple color. I can not click on the wait or OK screen. The TV app is loaded under it but I can not access it.

Any ideas?

Did you back it up? Try to see if you can reflash it back the way it was for now. Is there still any access through the web server?

Joe said his remote would turn that color when it need to be recharged. Is yours charged?

Just updated mine no problem or issues.

Joe said his remote would turn that color when it need to be recharged. Is yours charged?

Actually I said or tried to say it flashes purple when it is not connected to the STB. I had this happen a couple times with one of the DEV ROMs. No one else reported it so I suspected it was an individual issue. I charged up the RCU and it quit happening and RCU stayed connected to the A3. For Scott, I'd charge the RCU for an hour and hard boot the A3. If it then connects and is fine, problem solved. If it was low battery on the RCU and SparkHome happened to crash it would stop and act like reported since you couldn't click on the message which restarts the service.

Actually I said or tried to say it flashes purple when it is not connected to the STB. I had this happen a couple times with one of the DEV ROMs. No one else reported it so I suspected it was an individual issue. I charged up the RCU and it quit happening and RCU stayed connected to the A3. For Scott, I'd charge the RCU for an hour and hard boot the A3. If it then connects and is fine, problem solved. If it was low battery on the RCU and SparkHome happened to crash it would stop and act like reported since you couldn't click on the message which restarts the service.

You did say that. However when I was typing that's what came out lol.

Well that us not it... had it plugged in all night and still not working.

I did do a backup before I did this upgrade so now I need to figure out how to do a restore. :D

The issue is my remote control won't pair because SparkHome is not responding.

I put a keyboard and mouse combo on it and can get to the updater screen, but I dont know what key combination to use to emulate the red button. (I do see my 2 backups I did before I did the upgrade.) :)

I did however manage to download the update again and and updating the box now, hoping it boots fine.

Scott,

If you connect to the A3's WebServer with your PC, click the Control button on the WebServer screen and then the WebServer Remote button. A picture of the A3 remote will be displayed. You can use the PC mouse pointer to select any key on the picture of the remote. The A3 responds just like the physical remote key had been pressed. You may have to select the Refresh button on the WebServer screen to update some screens. I just used this method to perform a backup of my A3 just to see if it would work. Clicking the color keys on the WebServer picture worked to do all the functions I tried.

Ernie

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts