AMIKO A3 Stability Issues on 2.0.59 ---> 2.0.60?

gpflepsen

Supporting Founder
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Sep 8, 2003
SE NE
Is 2.0.60 an update I should install? It's in the Updater App and not the Amiko Software Downloader app, as shown in the AMIKO ROM [SOFTWARE] UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS (2). I don't want to go off the reservation and lose the ability to stay with the Americas versions. I also don't want to go into unstable dev versions as I don't have time right now to explore, I need functionality.

I seem to be having stability issues, timers are not firing and channels are showing "no or bad signal" or "Scrambled", so I reboot the unit (via power button) to restore things. Some apps disappear from the menu... and other flakey stuff. I'm running 2.0.59 as instructed in the guide AMIKO ROM [SOFTWARE] UPDATE INSTRUCTIONS (2).

The MicroHD was clunky with the timers, but they were reliable and worked as long as the power supply was stable to maintain correct time. The A3 hasn't shown to be there yet, but at least it has great network time!

You will lose the ability to load NA ROMs if you load anything from the Spark2 Online system using the updater app. You'll also lose most of Google Play and other stuff that is only in our ROM. The best version right now is ROM40D from our DevROM App. The only reason it hasn't been released as "stable" is that I have been waiting on Spark to release their version that way which I don't think is going to happen, so we'll do it on our own next week.

Your issues sound related to bad userdata and/or satellite data. Userdata is almost always the cause of strange issues and stability problems on any Android with a stable ROM like our public stable versions.

How should I rectify my instability? I'll wipe it clean and start over scanning and adding satellite locations. What's the proper way to wipe it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)