ABC Good Morning America in 720p HD?

Scotty

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jun 13, 2004
I was just watching the end of the news on ABC OTA on Voom, and it went into this HD test mode where it was looping some stuff. between about 6:50pm, and 6:58pm, it ran the original trailer for Monsters, Inc, and then it ran an inside tour of Good Morning America in 720p HD. It looks like they are going to start morning HD on ABC! Is this news to anyone? Or has it been know for quite some time?

Also, in one segment, they were doing sound tests. The left and right surround tests came out my front stereo speakers instead of the rear. And I heard nothing on the subwoofer. I have the stereo connection instead of the digital optical hookup because I don't have any free optical connections. I'm getting the rear surrounds and subwoofer on other channels with this hookup, so I must be at least getting prologic. ABC must have been sending some incorrect signal right?

This is the ABC HD loop. It has been shown quite a bit before when they were doing testing. No I don't believe ABC good morning america will be going HD anytime soon. This is the old loop.

darn! What makes them do a test and then not follow through. It was even running an add on the Time Square vid monitor about it in 720p. I guess its a money thing.

How can they roll in a HD camera onto the set of Good Morning America and not keep it there? I think a good morning show in HD would be awesome.

I think what sean means is that it's just abc's hd test loop. they can run it any time. the fact that they ran it during gma means nothing.

btw, technically speaking, your station is probably already running gma in hd. it's SD upconveted to 720p. so yeah, hd test loop means squat.

I think they have the Cameras (AS most people use HD cameras for their stability these days) and they have been working on switching out their other equipment. But I don't know how much longer they plan to take. But the Times Square Studios should be HD one of these days.

I have a friend who's an engineer for the ABC Netwrok, that's how I know some of this stuff...

Starz-HD East: Spy Kids 3: Game Over 9pm EST

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)