ABC Sets Live Streaming Service Launch

osu1991

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Sep 4, 2004
Broken Arrow, Oklahoma
Marking a First for a Broadcast Network, Free Preview of Authenticated Service Watch ABC Starts in New York, Philadelphia on May 14

http://www.multichannel.com/distribution/abc-sets-live-streaming-service-launch/143270

Marking a first for a broadcast network, ABC on Sunday announced the launch of its Watch ABC app to allow pay-TV subscribers access to live, linear streaming of viewers' local ABC station programming -- including network, local and syndicated content -- starting in the New York and Philadelphia markets.

ABC is the only network that hasn't been making a lot of vocal noise about AEREO and I guess this is the reason why. My only question is how are they going to keep people from sharing passwords.

ABC is the only network that hasn't been making a lot of vocal noise about AEREO and I guess this is the reason why. My only question is how are they going to keep people from sharing passwords.
Probably like Netflix, by limiting the number of concurrent streams to one or two devices.

Still, it is unfortunate that everyone is forcing a paid cable or sat subscription in order to watch ad supported TV over ip.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)