About to get Voom

tim1970

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Feb 23, 2005
I was about to get Voom. I called and talked to the CSR to order, but backed out at the last second. The reason for this is that I would have to commit to a 6 month contract without ever seeing what the quality would be like. Was the CSR correct in saying that there is no 2 or 3 day trial period, where you could cancel service if you are not satisfied?

If that is not the case, then could someone tell me about the quality? I currently have Charter cable in Fort Worth TX.

Another thing is how should the locals look? According to antennaweb.com I live about 23 miles from most station broadcasts?

Any other help on deciding to take the plunge or not would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Many things going for you. First of all you are coming from cable. No comparison! Cable pq sucks big time. Second you are 23 miles from the transmitters.You should be fine for OTA. Third, 1$ install for up to 3 receivers for a six month commitment? Are you freaking crazy? Can you say almost free? Go for it, you will not be disappointed.

I forgot to add, welcome to the forum! :)

i live 18 miles from my d.c. locals and i get them all fine except for upn but they brodcast low power. you wont be missing anything by signing on yo will have the same channels as your cable company has except for regional sports but other than that everything is the same.

Think that you will be happy,and as stated above a 1 dollar install is nothing-6 months goes by in a flash(probably one of the shortest contracts you ever enter into in your life)and you won't get that much HD anywhere else right now.PQ isn't perfect,does anyone have perfect PQ,but very,very good

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts