Access to recorded programing

Status
Please reply by conversation.

eandres

Original poster
Jul 29, 2008
Los Angeles
Hi,

I would like to be able to access the recorded programs in my Direct-TV HD DVR and watch on my Windows Vista Premium PC. I have my HD DVR connected on to the network.

Ain't gonna happen. Proprietary software/hardware is not going to transfer data to your PC. You can view your pictures and listen to your music on the PC through the D* receiver, but that's it.

I would reccomend using an HD video tuner in your PC. Then connect using HDMI or HDMI-DVI. something like Asus Radeon HD 3870 (PCI-e 2.0, 512MB). Vista Premium media center has a DVR feature.

The point is this: There is no way to access or view the contents of the HDDVR from your computer...at least none that I am aware of.

The point is this: There is no way to access or view the contents of the HDDVR from your computer...at least none that I am aware of.

D* showed a HD DVR to PC software solution back at the CES and it's currently in testing with a number of people:D but you need a fairly robust PC to handle the HD content. It will only play back something that's been recorded on the HD DVR.

And just to clearify, the PC and the HD DVR need to be on the same internal/home network, you can't view the recordings over the internet like you can with a Slingobox.

I have simular setup and I can record whatever is spooled through PC tuner. You do have to play recording on D* DVR. I have a very high end PC 3GHz AMD X2 3Gb Corsair RAM.

D* showed a HD DVR to PC software solution back at the CES and it's currently in testing with a number of people:D but you need a fairly robust PC to handle the HD content. It will only play back something that's been recorded on the HD DVR.

And just to clearify, the PC and the HD DVR need to be on the same internal/home network, you can't view the recordings over the internet like you can with a Slingobox.

Well, if something is in the works, I would love to read up on it. Do you have a link to any product or R&D info? My PC is also fairly upscale and might be able to process the data. Do you know of any minimum system standards?

My mistake. I forgot that I am using S-VIDEO to COAX modulator which downgrades signal to SD. So I am able to save programming but not in HD on my PC.

Status
Please reply by conversation.