Activating a Bell Expressvu new smartcard in USA

mjschuyler

SatelliteGuys Family
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 25, 2003
As you may have read I have a cottage in Prince Edward Island Canada. I was there a couple of weeks ago & purchased a 3100 system. I also owned a 5100 PVR receiver. I called & activated both receivers. The older 5100 needed a new smartcard as much of the programming was blocked out. I brought the 5100 back home to Connecticut. Bell sent the smartcard to my cousin in Ontario and he sent it to me. I installed the card in the receiver BUT I can not call the phone # 866 395-9995 from the US. Has anyone been able to activate a Bell smartcard in the US? I know that Canadian Satellite services are not allowed in the US. Is there a phone # that will work form the US?

Thanks, Murray

Well I fiqured out a way to activate my card! If anyone needs this information please email me as I don't want Bell to shut off this "back door". I will explain how to activate a card from the US. My email is mjschuyler@sbcglobal.net.

Derwin0

Quando Omni Flunkus Moritati
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 16, 2004
Peachtree City, GA
Good that you found a way.
I was just going to sudjest you call your cousin, and he 3-way calls the Bell number. That worked for me last year.

ken0042

SatelliteGuys Family
Sep 8, 2004
Or, just put the card into the receiver, give you cousin your numbers, and have him call. It's all automated, it's just a matter of hittin all the numbers.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)

Latest posts