Actuator Losing Count

Status
Please reply by conversation.
It turns fine, but is the sensor also producing a steady stream of ON-Off switch closures??
Would I be able to retrofit a counter from a JGS actuator?
Dunno, There's so many different looking sensors, you'll have to 'figure' that .

Well, I have also seen JGS sensors that just use a 5vdc reed switch. The plug-in point to get the sensor inside a small hole or case is the required fix. But a broken or shorted wire will also show the error 2; no count received. I have also seen Venture arms with bad magnet wheels; causing funky count. The wheel itself is turning, right? The over-counting typed Ventures also can cause a problem, as their count may be "too fast"; so how many counts per inch does the ACME have compared to the Ball Screw? I think it is like 10x per inch more; then it comes right down to the controller that can handle it; like a dsr-920 used to have these problems with too many counts per inch arms; but the dsr922v did not.

As far as I know the wheel it turning fine. If I have time tomorrow I will take the VBOX out to the dish and try it using about 2' of cable and see what happens.

I took the VBOX out to the dish today and there is nothing wrong with the actuator. After checking the wire it appears the green strand broke, switched it over to brown and its working fine. Is it important to keep the back cover in the actuator? The cover broke while trying to get it off.

To keep direct rain/water off the connections of the isolated wires. Water will short between the wiring connections. Take the cover and glue it back on somehow (just replace the screws with glue/silicone) as inside are moving parts. Let the cover drain water also from holes in the motor assembly/cover too! Good luck, when it is working already; be careful with the glue; as it can break (mess something up) it if put in the wrong place because there are moving parts inside when the cover is on/off the glue should not touch any moving parts (magnet wheel; limit cams, bearing post gears)...

I have a venture actuator on my new 12' dish. I have it connected to a Vbox 7 and an Amiko Nano HD. For some reason it keeps losing count. The actuator has a Super Sensor II. It does not have a the back cover anymore so I've been using a trash bag. Do I need a new sensor or a new actuator?

I recently had a problem with a VBOX7 losing counts and resolved it as noted in this posting.

Reactions: Titanium and FTA4PA
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)

Latest posts