Add Me To The Party!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Carroll A

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 6, 2004
After being a Dish sub since 2000 I will be joining the D* Ranks this Friday... I don't have any complaints with Dish as a company, but do have a lot of disappointments with their HD Equiptment over the last 5 months. After having several swapped RCVRS due to HD issues I decided to see what D* had and for me and my wifes viewing habbits our bill will go down for the first year 30 dollars and then 15 dollars the second... I had Directv back in South Carolina, but that was only for 2 years before switching to Dish in 2000 so I am sure a lot has changed... I don't think I will be getting the HR24, but do believe it will be the 22 instead so I am not sure what the difference is, but we shall see how it works... CC

Nice, enjoy. HR22 is a tad slow at times, but maybe you'll get a HR24. Other than that, the 22 is a very good and reliable DVR. MRV, if you find a use for it, is very cool.

:bday:welcome
partysmiley.gif

Good to see the 3rd quarter exodus of Dish customers to Direct continues into the beginning of the 4th quarter. Enjoy.

It should be interesting for Dish. We expected 2nd qtr to be OK, it wasn't, and expected 3rd qtr to be not OK. Now they start 4th qtr with no NatGeo or Fx.

Thanks Guys... To be honest had I not kept having issues I would still have been a dish customer, but like I say constant equiptment issues pretty much slid me over to D*... Like I told the rep from Dish I have had dish for 10 years and I am willing to bet I talked to dish more in the last 5 months then I ever talked to the them the other 9 years... I have looked on youtube at some of the videos and from the looks of it the HR22 is slower, but like my wife says she just wants to watch T.V. I can't wait to see how the MRV works and from the looks of it although not quite like what cable has I can't wait to play around with the on demand features... CC

welcome to the party :)
We might need a bigger yard for all the new neighbors showing up :)

I am sure you will need a bigger yard. NY State viewers now basically have Cable (Time Warner or Cablevision in the Big Apple's case) or Directv, if they want to watch the NY State Winter Teams - Buffalo Sabres, NY Rangers, Islanders, Knicks, Nets or Devils. Fios has a small footprint and many areas it will be years before we could see it.

I would hate to be an Intertech Dish Installer now in the Western New York area, because times are gonna be very slow for you with the holiday season coming up.

The last one to leave DISH please turn out the lights. If these forums are any indication it seems there is a mass exodus of customers from DISH to Directv. I can't blame them one bit. DISH is always playing games with their customers with the channels they offer. After a while you just get tired of it. This dispute with FOX has put many over the top to change.

Welcome to everyone! I changed from DISH a few months ago and couldn't be happier that I did. I wish I had done it a long time ago.

Don't forget to get a referral from a staff member. It goes on top of any deal you get.

Welcome to the Dark Side! You will enjoy Direct it's been great so far.. :)

When I called DirecTV last Friday to get set up, they said they had 250 people on hold leaving from Dish. I left Dish and am now set up with DirecTV.

I am looking forward to it... Can't wait to tinker... Only thing is I have to work at Friday afternoon and evening and we are going out of town till Monday so I won't really be able to tinker and learn everything till next monday.... When I talked to the rep she said that she had a little uptick in switchers, but not as much as she figured due to the RSN, FOX dispute... CC

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts