Add Voom now?

Maybe. If you have access to 61.5 then you could add them for $5/month. Your total HD bill would be $15 and you would be able to keep this setup at least for a while.

If you wait till after 2/1, then you would not be able to authorize your 811 to receive the $5 voom pak. Your only option would be to swap out your 811 for a 211/622 and then pay $20 for the newer HD pak.

So it is a judgement call on your part. If you have 61.5 access, don't care about espn2 HD, the other 5 voom channels, or the other new HD channels and want to save $5/month, go for it.

KyDave said:
So it is a judgement call on your part. If you have 61.5 access, don't care about espn2 HD, the other 5 voom channels, or the other new HD channels and want to save $5/month, go for it.
I do have 61.5 access. Are you saying that the proposed new 5 voom channels won't be added to the current Voom pack and as a 811 user I won't be able to add any HD programming to it in the future?

new_to_hdtv said:
I do have 61.5 access. Are you saying that the proposed new 5 voom channels won't be added to the current Voom pack and as a 811 user I won't be able to add any HD programming to it in the future?

Exactly. The 5 new voom channels and any NEW HD channels (like espn2hd) will be mpeg4 and only the new 411/vip211/vip222/vip622 boxes will be able to receive them. So you have about 1 week to decide if you want to add Voom10 (basically) for $5 dollars. After 2/1. that WILL NOT (according to posts here) be an option for the 811.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts