adding a Directv dish to a 1000.2 antenna??????

Jorgefdzdelara

Original poster
Jun 25, 2012
Pharr, Tx
Hi everybody,
I have some questions....

1.- Will a directv dish and its 18LNBR0-02 LNB work with my 1000.2 antenna and my VIP211 receiver?

2.- I am trying to allign this DTV dish to get only sat 129 from dishnetwork, then cover with aluminum foil on my 1000.2 the 129LNB and get the signal for this sat from the extra DTV dish.

3.- I am on my patio with my old dish 301 receiver only to verify the signal strength (while installing DTV dish). But when I try to do a "check switch" the receiver cant find it, is this normal bea it is DTV??? or the receiver needs to find a switch always before starting alignment.?

thanks satellite guys.

Jorgefdzdelara said:
Hi everybody,
I have some questions....

1.- Will a directv dish and its 18LNBR0-02 LNB work with my 1000.2 antenna and my VIP211 receiver?

2.- I am trying to allign this DTV dish to get only sat 129 from dishnetwork, then cover with aluminum foil on my 1000.2 the 129LNB and get the signal for this sat from the extra DTV dish.

3.- I am on my patio with my old dish 301 receiver only to verify the signal strength (while installing DTV dish). But when I try to do a "check switch" the receiver cant find it, is this normal bea it is DTV??? or the receiver needs to find a switch always before starting alignment.?

thanks satellite guys.

no
no
&
no

Sent from my fingers.

Directv LNB is the equivalent of a DISH Legacy LNB. DISH PRO LNBs and SWITCHES are not compatible with Legacy LNBs. A dish 300 or a dish 500 with "I" adapter could be used for 129 you will need a DP single or DUAL LNB.

Which antenna is compatible with the 1000.2 antenna, I know that this 1000.2 has a input to add an extra antenna.
which antenna should I buy to point directly to 129 sat?

I do have a Dish 500 antenna... t has double LNB, can i use that one to connect at the 1000.2 input?

thanks

Last edited:
I think the OP is stil trying to combine both and E* and D* antennas into one. Wonder how he plans to split the signal for the different receivers.

Hi Brussman,
The reason why i want to add it, is beacus I can't get enough signal on the 3 sat's. So at the end I would like to catch 2 sats: 110sat and 119sat with the 1000.2 antena to have good strength signal and use a second dish antenna to catch only the 129. that way will be easy for me to get the 3 sats with strong signal.

Is it ok what am I thinking to do, or maybe it is ot possible. ???? what do you think?

If you dish is set properly with the correct Skew, you shouldn't have to worry about a second dish to get a good signal from 129. Most of the time 129 signal will be lower than 119 and 110 because you are shooting farther to it.

I don't think a singular dish aimed at a satellite will yield that much more signal to be worth the effort unless you are at the extreme of the satellite footprint.

Hi Brussman,
The reason why i want to add it, is beacus I can't get enough signal on the 3 sat's. So at the end I would like to catch 2 sats: 110sat and 119sat with the 1000.2 antena to have good strength signal and use a second dish antenna to catch only the 129. that way will be easy for me to get the 3 sats with strong signal.

Is it ok what am I thinking to do, or maybe it is ot possible. ???? what do you think?
You could also try using a 1000+ dish it is larger than a 1000.2 or a 1000.4 so it will capture more signal it is designed to be aimed at 110/118.7/119 and 129.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts