Adding TVs on existing DISH account

mecro

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 11, 2005
Cleveland, OH
I have been a subscriber for a few years with DISH. When I signed up, I got the four room deal, which included a DISH 811 (HD), a DISH 625, and a DISH 301/311. I have no fancy switches, its all running off the LNB on the DISH 500. I'm looking to get another HDTV. Here's what I'd like to get.

A 622, keep my 625, and add a 211. That puts me at five receivers, which I'm fairly certain will require some sort of switch. What will DISH let me do to upgrade? I'm comfortable wiring things myself, given I know what equipment I'll need. I'm fairly certain I could upgrade to a 622 without too much pain, but will DISH give me a 211 as well? Also, what kind of switch do I need, or can I use separators for the DVRs? Thanks guys

Scott

I have been a subscriber for a few years with DISH. When I signed up, I got the four room deal, which included a DISH 811 (HD), a DISH 625, and a DISH 301/311. I have no fancy switches, its all running off the LNB on the DISH 500. I'm looking to get another HDTV. Here's what I'd like to get.

A 622, keep my 625, and add a 211. That puts me at five receivers, which I'm fairly certain will require some sort of switch. What will DISH let me do to upgrade? I'm comfortable wiring things myself, given I know what equipment I'll need. I'm fairly certain I could upgrade to a 622 without too much pain, but will DISH give me a 211 as well? Also, what kind of switch do I need, or can I use separators for the DVRs? Thanks guys

Scott

Actually not that simple a setup. Sounds like you have a DPP Twin, with a DPP Separator running to the 625. You will have to upgrade your dish(es) to get either 129 or 61.5 and a DPP44 switch (not taking into account wether you want your HD locals and what location they would be on ie:118.75.)

There's no DPP separator running to my 625, they ran two lines from the dish because of the way we have TV2 located in my house. I figured a new dish 1000(+?) for my HD programming at least. As of right now, Cincinnati locals haven't been uplinked, but I have a very stable signal with my attic antenna.

I looked at a DPP44 switch. It looks to me like a DPP44 only has four receiver outputs (from Dishstore.net "DISHPro 44 Switch allows you to pick up to 4 satellite locations and distribute them to up to 4 DISH Network Receivers.")

Aside from getting a new dish, would I just purchase the DPP44, and use separators to feed both the 625 and the 622? Thanks for your response garys.

Sorry, trying to figure out how you are running two receivers, most twins only have two lines from the lnb's. If you upgrade, Dish should bring proper equipment, depending on your location (you did not give info on this) you may need either a bigger dish or a seperate dish. I don't want to be making guesses, can you also give info from the system info screen to give up info on current setup?

Not at home right now, so I can't get to the Info screen. I remember it saying i had a DPP Quad, which is this, I think.

DishProQuadLNB.jpg

I'm a little nervous letting Dish's contractors come out and spend my money. My install was a little painful, but I think I competent enough to wire everything. I know I would have to have them come out and install the 622, but what would they charge me for the additional 211?

Your problen is you can only lease 4 TUNERS from DISH so you will need to buy tuner # 5 and pay for switches and install labor beyond the 4 tuner lease. A DPP44 will allow you to run separators to the 2 dual tuners and a single cable to tuner #5 and it can connect to a DP Quad.

Currently you have either a DP quad or a legacy quad in your system. The 811 allows you to pick up your hd off the 110 satellite. Since I work for dish network, you will be spending some money; I'm not sure about how much, but a dp+44 usually goes for about $150 -$250. A 622 receiver could run about $400 at least.

If you wanted to keep the same orbital locations, 119 &110 then all you would need is a dp quad, dp 34 switch and the receivers. All you would do is run a wire from either output1 & output 4 on the dp quad to a dp 34 switch. You would of course have to run two lines to both dual tuners, then an extra line from the dp quad to the 211. I don't recommend do this though because it tends to burn up the lnb pretty quick, but dish network does install jobs this way and it will work. The only problem is that you might want to check and see if the 211 and the 622 will bring in high definition off the 110 & 119 satellites. You can for sure get them off the 61.5 or 129. Also I don't know where you live, but if it is in the northern states I would try for the 61.5, since the 129 sits so low in the sky. The best way to do this job and the easiest would be with a dp twin or dp quad and a dp+44 switch, just make sure you put the power inserter on port 1 on the switch and most importantly plug the power inserter in last! Or you might just get a burnt up receiver(s) and fried cables. I'm being dead serious about that.

I want to upgrade my setup to at least the 622. Doesn't dish network have an upgrade program for existing customers? I don't want to drop the $400+ on the receiver. I know I need a DPP44 if I upgraded to the new HD channels. I am located in Cincinnati, Ohio. Would 61.5 or 129 be better?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)