Additional Hopper on Account

gbertler

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Nov 26, 2003
I just got the Hopper and two Joeys installed last week. Brand new account. I was wondering what it would / should cost for an addtional Hopper. Just curious if you order through Dish if you get a discount or should I buy one off of Ebay or somewhere else online? Thank you in advance. Greg

I just got the Hopper and two Joeys installed last week. Brand new account. I was wondering what it would / should cost for an addtional Hopper. Just curious if you order through Dish if you get a discount or should I buy one off of Ebay or somewhere else online? Thank you in advance. Greg
Since you are new, you should contact a DIRT member about the cost. Buying one instead of leasing one would be a BAD idea, since you just began a contract. Might only cost you $50.00, but we can't guarantee that. Again, PM DIRT!

The monthly cost is $7.00 where ever you acquire the additional Hopper.
The upgrade cost depends largely on your negotiating skills and the CSR you are talking to.
An original Hopper should cost no more than $100, a Hopper with sling no more than $200.
This would have been easier to handle prior to installation but can probably still be handled now.

Thank you for the quick replies. I will PM DIRT. When I ordered online, I was trying to find an option for what I wanted but just figured you needed more than 4 tvs to get that option available. Thanks again.

If you wind up buying one, you need to get a dual node and replace the solo node currently in place. A third coax would need to run from the dish to the new node and another coax run from the node to the new Hopper. If you go through DIRT, all that would need be taken care of as part of the upgrade.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts