Advanced Setup Question... Experts Only Please!

Bountykiller

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Feb 22, 2004
Hey guys,
I have a question for anyone who might have tried a similar setup or can explain in a technical sense the answer. I dont want to hear someone state the obvious to me that legacy and stacked dish systems dont mix and match... :)

Ok.. here goes... I have one of the new invacom .3 Db Lnbf's...
(I was actually the one that convinced them to build a circular lnb and not just linear KU about two years ago and still have the prototype from two years ago and the new production model QPH-031 to prove it! :) Forgetting that though... ) I have a question thats more specific to installing one of these LNB's on a stacked DPP switched setup on dish.

I know that DPP44's etc take a stacked input only, so wishinbg to make use of this LNB in my DPP44 is bought a sonora Stacker unit (us575, check out sonoradesign d0t c0m to find the specs should you need them) and it works 70-80%... I need this LNB to receive anything off of rainbow-1 where I am so, simply using a dishpro LNB is not an option for me short of going from a 6 foot dish to an 8... (huge difference in cost)... the performance on those LNB's is horrid compared to Invacoms's one...

Anyways has anyone else tried to put this into a dish pro switch yet? I get signal on everything on 61.5 above say tr # 14, then i get all odds below that but no evens, so i lost my CBS-HD on Tr # 2 ;)

Does anyone know of
A) why its losing just this chunk of frequency in the convertion or
B) a signal stacker that would work with this setup? I assume that the dishpro plus switches are slightly different that traditional multi dish stacked switches!? My experiment worked very well excluding the loss of 6-8 transponders... Im assuming that the frequency might be off a bit and its chopping some of it off somewhere that it shouldnt be...? Hopefully invacom can make all of us a stacked LNB that works in this setup soon... They have a noticable increase in signal strength on every satellite that I tried them on. If they would work nicely with a multi switch life would be perfect!

-Bounty

So, you are asking a universal LNBF use on dishpro switch. Assuming you are use of Dish receiver. Now you are asking dish equipment to accept something completely difference with their system. As long as I know, electronics works one way or the other.

I believe that DishPro places the odd transponders at the same space as on legacy equipment, and stacks the even transponders in reverse order at a higher frequency.

Yep. i agree with Pepper.

It sounds like your stacking switch isn't working, or being recognised... or something in your cabling isn't passing 2150MHz.

Edit: fixed tyop

"Standard" stacking puts the even transponders on 1550-2050MHz.

DishPro uses 1650-2150MHz. There's at least one problem.

And while I've heard that DP "flips" the high band, I've never bothered to confirm it. If it's true, then there's another insurmountable problem.

The 2250 number posted above is either a typo or just plain wrong - and considering Brian's sig, I'll bet on it being a Tyop. :D

"And while I've heard that DP "flips" the high band, I've never bothered to confirm it. If it's true, then there's another insurmountable problem." - yes, it's true, I can see it on spectrum analyzer screen that even transponders of DP LNBF in 1650-2150 MHz range . Actually up to 1750 MHz as my old model show.

BTW, SimpleSimon - why your 921 still at L2.13, not L2.15 ?

And the reason why is solely for job security, right? So you just can't throw Bob, Inc's stacked LNBF on a DP system and have it work.

might be easier to spend 40 bucks on ebay and get a used lnbf from a disgruntled tech than to go through the hassle of getting a trapezoid to fit in a triangle hole.

Smith said:
"And while I've heard that DP "flips" the high band, I've never bothered to confirm it. If it's true, then there's another insurmountable problem." - yes, it's true, I can see it on spectrum analyzer screen that even transponders of DP LNBF in 1650-2150 MHz range . Actually up to 1750 MHz as my old model show.

BTW, SimpleSimon - why your 921 still at L2.13, not L2.15 ?
So you're saying that they flip the high band, or not?

And what's that about 1750MHz? That's in the middle of 1650-2150?

And thanks for reminding me to change my sig - I got L2.15 long ago - and not long thereafter, lost over 100 hours of recordings due to their crappy software. :mad:

Confused about resolution, need answers

If you had a choice:Satellite or Cable

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)