Advantage of connecting a phone line to my DVR box?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I found a new advantage of having a phone line connected to my receiver. DirecTV wouldn't let me view the NFL pkg I have paid for and enjoyed for 5 years.
As specifically stated in the customer agreement and the terms and conditions of the sports packages.

As specifically stated in the customer agreement and the terms and conditions of the sports packages.
Must not be strictly enforced. I have been able to view ST, EI, Gameplan and full court without ever having had a phone line plugged in

The fee only will only apply to a dual tuner dual tv receiver. If you have a single tv receiver you will not get the fee if you don't have a phone line plugged in. So it is not a fee that applies to all receivers.

that's right :up thank you

There is no penalty from Dish for not having a phone line. As stated by the OP there is a $5.00 discount for hooking up a phone line to their dual tuner receivers. Thus you get two tv's for the price of one. Other wise you pay $5.00 per tv just like Direct charges.

Is Direct penalizing every customer that has 2 or 4 tv's? Must be by the way you act!

How is it a discount if the fee shows up on the bill as a separate line item?

http://www.satelliteguys.us/dish-ne...-tactics-should-i-expect-now.html#post1626802

The fee only will only apply to a dual tuner dual tv receiver. If you have a single tv receiver you will not get the fee if you don't have a phone line plugged in. So it is not a fee that applies to all receivers.

I own a 3700 and a 501, (yes, still haven't updated to HD) neither of which was plugged to phone line until a couple weeks ago and am charged a $5 add'l receiver fee.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts