Advice on installing an off-air feed with a 622

danm2z

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2005
I am scheduled to an install of a 622 receiver this weekend. I have 3 TVs in the house, and I would like to hook all of them up to the receiver. I understand that I can output programming from the receiver onto a coax cable for the 2nd and 3rd TVs (subject to single mode vs dual mode, etc.).

What I am wondering is if the output from the receiver can share a cable with my off air antenna? I have very clear reception at my house, and I'd like to be able to watch off air directly, rather than using the satellite receiver in all cases. Can that be done without an A/B switch and multiple cables? Is there anything additional I will need (other than a splitter) in order to make sure I'm not accidentally broadcasting satellite programming?

Thanks in advance to all the knowledgeable people on the board here. I'd searched for an answer, but couldn' find any relevant results.

Dan

I guess I'm wondering is there such a thing as a one way combiner, where I can take a signal from the 622 + a signal from the off air antenna and combine them into my internal wiring without any "cross talk" going back up either signal line. The goal would be avoiding having any RF going back up the line to the antenna, thereby avoiding even a local area "broadcast" of my 622 output.

I guess I'm wondering is there such a thing as a one way combiner, where I can take a signal from the 622 + a signal from the off air antenna and combine them into my internal wiring without any "cross talk" going back up either signal line. The goal would be avoiding having any RF going back up the line to the antenna, thereby avoiding even a local area "broadcast" of my 622 output.
EDIT**** Nevermind. There is a device called a diplexer but it won't combine OTA and Cable. Just satellite and either OTA or cable.

Last edited: