Aereo Runs Out Of Capacity In Atlanta

I'm not following. Doesn't that mean business is good possibly growing faster than expected? What prevents them from adding more capacity? (Aside from money) Bandwidth? not likely.

And they run out of capacity in the New York City market last week also.

Posted Via The FREE SatelliteGuys Reader App!

I'm not following. Doesn't that mean business is good possibly growing faster than expected? What prevents them from adding more capacity? (Aside from money) Bandwidth? not likely.
I have to agree. Seems like having to add capacity means they're outpacing expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

I based my comment on this from the article.

Aereo has not disclosed an overall subscriber figure or any on a market-by-market basis. Dan Rayburn, EVP for StreamingMedia.com and a principal analyst at Frost & Sullivan, suggested Monday (February 3) that Aereo had signed up “less than 500,000” subs in NYC, citing sources with ties to Aereo investors. He questions whether Aereo's can become a mainstream service.
“With Aereo running out of capacity in NYC, it’s just another example of how their streaming TV service, isn’t going to replace cable TV, for a large portion of the market, ever,” Rayburn wrote.

Running out of capacity with the Olympics coming up isn't a good thing either.

It they were an established company I might agree. But for a new company just getting started, fighting the Networks in court at every turn, I don't see it that way. Sounds like they doing just fine for now.

As for the link's comment about it not becoming mainstream ever - I'm sure that's why the Networks are fighting this harder than anything they have before, because they feel it will never become mainstream. Bet they said that about home computers too. Wait, they did.

Don't get me wrong,I want to see them succeed,Just hope they don't run out of money before they truly get off the ground.We should get a better idea in the coming weeks if they are able to add more capacity.If they sit idle then they certainly won't be able to raise much more capital.

I have to agree. Seems like having to add capacity means they're outpacing expectations.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Not necessarily. I'm not suggesting this is the case but if they are running out of capacity before they have enough sub's to cover operating expenses that would be a very bad thing on several levels.

Personally, I hope they succeed big time!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)