Aereo to support Chromecast starting May 29th

Chromecast now works with Aereo: http://www.tomsguide.com/us/aereo-launches-chromecast-app,news-18913.html

nternet television streaming service Aereo has finally landed on Google’s Chromecast. The app, which received an update Thursday enabling Chromecast support, allows users to stream live television broadcasts through Google’s $35 HDMI dongle without having to pay a cable or satellite provider. (Aereo service starts at $8 per month.) Aereo was already available on Roku streaming boxes.

Just something I've heard. If Aereo wins its case this summer that the broadcast stations are fighting, CBS will be the 1st station to end OTA broadcasts and offered their station for the internet only (yes, you'll have to pay to view CBS). Maybe the end of free OTA broadcast TV.

Doubt it, but let them. I bet the NFL will have something to say if CBS wants to do it. The NFL's advertisers and CBS's won't be happy with a quarter of their current viewer numbers

Considering that it would take years for any changes to CBS's bottom line to happen if AEREO wins, I doubt there will be any quick movement.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)