After 10yr

swissin

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 19, 2006
michigan
Well after 10yr with dish I say good by:eek: Today comcast came and setup with HD DVR and ondemand :) Comcast HD wow I can tell that HD lite sucks I dont care how many channels they have Comcast with hd ondemand wins:D

Well after 10yr with dish I say good by:eek: Today comcast came and setup with HD DVR and ondemand :) Comcast HD wow I can tell that HD lite sucks I dont care how many channels they have Comcast with hd ondemand wins:D
Thank you for your honest assessment of DishHD-Lite. However, according to the Dish Network fanboys, you must be a liar since your eyes and HDTV cannot distinquish any differences between HD and HD-Lite (aka DishHD-Lite). Of course, we both know much better.;)

On the flip-side of the coin, while the handful of Comcast HD from my local Adelphia/Comcast looked spectacular (the differences in local HD channels and the nation HD channels both had in common such as ESPNHD, TNTHD, HBOHD, StarzHD), all aspects of their service was terrible: horrible customer service, unreliable services (service outages when the temperature changed, it rained, etc.), macro-blocking/pilelation on the HD channels at the upper end of the spectrum. Also, their HD DVR was a major piece of junk. We had their premium tier deal with HD channels, three HD DVRs, and broadband Internet service for under $100 per month for 12-months. It took less than 30-days for my wife to scream that she wanted Dish Network. The ViP622 (also the old 942) is one of the few electronic components that has major Wife Acceptance Factor (WAF).

Anyway, good luck with your Comcast service. Unless FiOS TV is an option, I have a feeling you'll be back soon.

Well I dont think Comcast HD is any better than Dish and going to any Cable provider is always a step back wards. Cable providers have allot of catching up to do and has far as HD Lite goes that will not be the case for long. As far as that goes HD Lite to full HD or whatever there is some difference but not night and day. Folks try to make more out of that than what it really needs to be. Either way go with what you want but we see this happen allot and then those same folks coming back to Dish. :)

My Comcast PQ was on par with E*. Granted Comcast claims to passthru what they get, i never noticed on my 720p tv.

Heres what you got for 1920 vs 1440. A horrible dvr and limited hd programming. Ill take the 1440 any day.

I find it funny you post this the day before E* adds more hd and moves voom to 1440 from 1280.

My Comcast PQ was on par with E*. Granted Comcast claims to passthru what they get, i never noticed on my 720p tv.

Heres what you got for 1920 vs 1440. A horrible dvr and limited hd programming. Ill take the 1440 any day.

I find it funny you post this the day before E* adds more hd and moves voom to 1440 from 1280.
I noticed the difference on my Mits 57" Diamond 1080p DLP, Mits 55" Diamond RPTV, and Sony 50" GWIV, but they looked just fine on my little 30" Samsung. DishHD still puts out a pretty picture, but the images lack depth and detail...it is not an immersing experience like it *can be* at full-resolution. To be honest, 1440 looks quite good most of the time...but that's not the case with 1280. I, for one, will be happy when VOOM goes 1440. There was a huge difference in the quality of recording I made when MonstersHD was at 1920 and the VOOM movie channels were at 1440 as opposed to when they are downrezzed to 1280.

I will agree with you on the number of HD channels and also the HD DVR. The ViP622 is the best HD DVR on the market IMO.

As the nickel back song goes "Never Again!"

I had so many issues with cable and the people that came to fix issues. Most of the time they were contractors and what's worse if they were some of the most incompetent or lazy people I've met who either didn't want to do work or had no clue how to fix a thing.

I've had them come out make completely rediculous clames and would leave without ever testing a thing.

As the nickel back song goes "Never Again!"

I had so many issues with cable and the people that came to fix issues. Most of the time they were contractors and what's worse if they were some of the most incompetent or lazy people I've met who either didn't want to do work or had no clue how to fix a thing.

I've had them come out make completely rediculous clames and would leave without ever testing a thing.

I upgraded to the vip211 with dish sent 6 total back and forth 5 service people came out and still could not keep my hd system with dish going all systems have trouble but that was too much for me. :eek:

True.. but I can fix my dish issues.. can't fix bad cable ines past my house and that's where I ran into entirely to many issues..

Cant fix things in orbit either. Isnt it 129 that has never worked right... and never will? Cant send up a shuttle mission to fix it either. That would cost more than a new satellite and its own launching fee. Well, maybe. :D

All services have their own problems. With Comcast its falling trees, people running into poles or exlpoding tranformers. So everyone picks the service provider that best fit their needs. I picked Dish and so far I am happy with them... except when the weather isnt so good and 129 is iffy. Its those times when I think cable would be preferable.

I upgraded to the vip211 with dish sent 6 total back and forth 5 service people came out and still could not keep my hd system with dish going all systems have trouble but that was too much for me. :eek:

Hmm sounds like you have something hooked up or something else that is causing the problems.

I recently passed my 9 year anniversary and am wondering if I will make it to 10. My contract from my 622 upgrade expires next February, and if D* is offering True HD around March-April, along with MLB:EI and other programming, there may not be much reason to stick around with E*.

Whichever is offering the highest PQ HD is where I will be by next summer.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)