After 9 years and 2 months with Dish, it’s time to say goodbye

Willh699

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 20, 2009
Campbell, TX
The other day, the person in my household that pays the Dish bill got frustrated at Dish over the bill and screamed “I’m calling DirecTV” after months of issues with Dish since we went to the Hopper set up last year and now the bill issue became the straw that broke the camel’s back, so after 9 years, we are about to switch to DirecTV after a call to them.

For once, I’m not gonna come here and complain about my issues with Dish, and not come here and demand Bluegras to stop it with his obsession with Dish. I was obsessed with finding out what’s going on with Dish for years, but not at much as Bluregras’ constant nagging style of obsession with Dish.

Anyway, in the last 9 years with Dish, I have watched a lot of TV, and enjoyed their DVRs and put up with minor issues like the Eye/LNB crapping out due to the really hot North Texas summers, and I have also put up with disputes that dish had with companies like Fox (which also includes owning KDFW and KDFI), Time Warner’s Turner Networks, TEGNA broadcasting (owners of WFAA), CBS (who owns KTVT and KTXA), and several others over the 9 years with them. I also enjoyed having a DVR for the last 9 years and have gone through 3 different generations of DVRs made by Dish, starting with the 625 when I first joined Dish, the VIP 722K when we went HD in 2010, then the Hopper last year (despite the issues we had with it). But with all the DVRs generations we went through since January 2007, the DVRs themselves had a history of crapping out completely and getting replaced.

It’s sad to leave Dish after being a Dish customer/fan boy for almost a decade, but recent issues push us to the brink and the bill issue was the moment we realized that it was time for my household to break up with Dish.

so after DirecTV does arrive to our house tomorrow and installs their satellite and receivers/DVRs, this will officially be the end. But till then, Dish is now on lame duck status with us.

So thanks Dish for allowing me to watch cable TV channels in the rural Campbell, TX for almost a decade, and thanks to the Dish support board on here on SatelliteGuys since I discovered this site around 2008-2009. It’s time to move on to DirecTV and the SatelliteGuys DirecTV section. But I won’t miss Bluegras and his obsession with everything Dish, see y’all in the DirecTV section soon.

so long Dish
WillH699

Reactions: Mr Tony
The other day, the person in my household that pays the Dish bill got frustrated at Dish over the bill and screamed “I’m calling DirecTV” after months of issues with Dish since we went to the Hopper set up last year and now the bill issue became the straw that broke the camel’s back, so after 9 years, we are about to switch to DirecTV after a call to them.

For once, I’m not gonna come here and complain about my issues with Dish, and not come here and demand Bluegras to stop it with his obsession with Dish. I was obsessed with finding out what’s going on with Dish for years, but not at much as Bluregras’ constant nagging style of obsession with Dish.

Anyway, in the last 9 years with Dish, I have watched a lot of TV, and enjoyed their DVRs and put up with minor issues like the Eye/LNB crapping out due to the really hot North Texas summers, and I have also put up with disputes that dish had with companies like Fox (which also includes owning KDFW and KDFI), Time Warner’s Turner Networks, TEGNA broadcasting (owners of WFAA), CBS (who owns KTVT and KTXA), and several others over the 9 years with them. I also enjoyed having a DVR for the last 9 years and have gone through 3 different generations of DVRs made by Dish, starting with the 625 when I first joined Dish, the VIP 722K when we went HD in 2010, then the Hopper last year (despite the issues we had with it). But with all the DVRs generations we went through since January 2007, the DVRs themselves had a history of crapping out completely and getting replaced.

It’s sad to leave Dish after being a Dish customer/fan boy for almost a decade, but recent issues push us to the brink and the bill issue was the moment we realized that it was time for my household to break up with Dish.

so after DirecTV does arrive to our house tomorrow and installs their satellite and receivers/DVRs, this will officially be the end. But till then, Dish is now on lame duck status with us.

So thanks Dish for allowing me to watch cable TV channels in the rural Campbell, TX for almost a decade, and thanks to the Dish support board on here on SatelliteGuys since I discovered this site around 2008-2009. It’s time to move on to DirecTV and the SatelliteGuys DirecTV section. But I won’t miss Bluegras and his obsession with everything Dish, see y’all in the DirecTV section soon.

so long Dish
WillH699
Sorry to see ya leave DISH TV. Maybe you can take over the duties to pay the bill and not have to switch to the other side. Take care.

so long Dish
WillH699

giphy.gif

i've been with both. they each have their pros and cons. one of the pros for Direct was it had a slightly better picture...at least to my eye it did. come back here and let us know if you notice any difference.

I understand your frustration. I had the same problems with Directv and switched to Dish. I had receivers die and rates skyrocket, and unless you have a protection plan they will stick it to you. Not a fanboy of either, but I enjoyed much of my time w/ Directv (2001-2016). Just something to keep in mind. None of these service providers are perfect. Good luck with your switch.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys mobile app

Reactions: navychop
I have my Dish account on pause. Got 30 days to see if I like X1 System. Triple internet speed and $60 a month in savings. Yes I'll miss my two Hoppers. Yes the Hopper is better. But it's a lot of money saved.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)