AGREEMENT REACHED....Possible Sinclair Locals Dispute 3/1/13

Status
Please reply by conversation.
WZTV, WNAB and WUXP keep running a scroll about it. It's most annoying on WZTV because they are a Fox affiliate and they don't have the capability to run HD network programming when running a scroll and yet they run the scroll several times during programming. They ran the scroll several times during the Daytona 500 and it kept kicking back to SD, so annoying.

Same story for WTAT and WMMP in Charleston, they don't have the availability to run HD syndicated programming, since they do FOX/MNT programs in HD, and WTAT do news in HD. But ABC affiliate WLOS and MNT WMYA in the Greenville, SC market does

looks like its temporary while they hammer out the details

BALTIMORE (February 28, 2013) -- Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. (Nasdaq: SBGI), the Company or Sinclair, is pleased to announce that it has reached agreement with DirecTV on a new retransmission consent agreement and has entered into a short-term extension of its existing agreement in order to allow the parties to enter into a formal agreement. As a result, DirecTV will continue to carry all of our stations. We thank our viewers for their patience and support during these negotiations.

I guess Directv goes to the end of the scroll. I wonder which provider goes to the front....

Thanks ice for good news and good to hear they resolved this and we still get ROH ;) :)

So glad that Directv can get these things done before they yank channels. Usually anyway. I wish Dish would figure out how to.

Yes, Sinclair is buying the Barrington Broadcasting stations. Quite a few stations in northern Michigan as well, but again for me, they haven't touched any Detroit stations yet.:yessign: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barrington_Broadcasting

Whoever owns the local Fox here in Toledo was off the air with the local Cable company for about a month or so earlier this year, Fox was also going off on D* here locally (think it was fox, possibly CBS), fortunately, I have n OTA set up, so if they do get to the locals here or from Detroit, I'm ok.

both CBS and Fox in Toledo are owned by Raycom so if one went both would ;)

That must have been the situation ... Deadline was passed and D* and Raycom extended it and worked out an agreement several weeks later, NO channels were taken down during the dispute.

OTOH, like I mentioned, Fox was taken off the local Cable company earlier and was gone for quite awhile.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)