Air conditioner freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not surprised to hear that the A/C unit is ok. As I thought, the indoor evap coil became a block of ice and needed time to thaw. Would not worry about calling for service if it seems to be cooling properly. Didn't really think that you had a "low on gas" situation from your description of condition, but was afraid you would jump the gun and take others advice to call for service. You have saved yourself that needless cost by being patient. Now maybe consider getting a stat that can't be set too low for cooling, or too high for heating. A product called Accu-Stat would accomplish this. It has fixed settings that cannot be altered.

I accidently froze up my neighbors AC a few years ago. they went on vacation and our job was to look after their dog a pit bull.

dog was fine around us with his family around, and I am not generally afraid of dogs. having them myself.

well let emma out had fresh food and water, emma came close to attacking, it really scared me and my wife. we retreated leaving door open between house and fenced in yard. emma could come and go as he wanted. I put fresh food and water quickly at door but didnt enter emmas area. didnt know ac was on and frankly wouldnt of cared.

neighbor returned to froze up unit ball of ice.

at least we didnt end up in hospital..........

your ice was normal. best wishes finding a new responsible tenant.

a good idea the rent is 750 a month if paid by third of month you get a 50 buck discount..... 700 bucks example

encourages promt payment and if they are late extra bucks for you.

or sweenten it more. rent is 800 a month, if paid by 6th 750 if paid by first 700

encourage proper behavior:) charge extra if you allow pets, people with pets have trouble renting and will be happy to pay a little more, get a double security deposit just in case. and make your home pet hardened. ceramic tile floors etc. harder to damage.

It's tempting to offer that sort of incentive system Bob. Unfortunately, I'm at the break-even point. Mortgage is about the same as I'm charging for rent. Housing/rent costs in SE Ohio are incredibly cheap. Then again, so are the wages. Most of the factory jobs start at $8/hour or so. So with that said, a lot of people down that way aren't willing to pay more than $500 for a 2 or 3 bedroom home that is approx 1,200 square feet.

Cheap bastards...!! :p

It's tempting to offer that sort of incentive system Bob. Unfortunately, I'm at the break-even point. Mortgage is about the same as I'm charging for rent. Housing/rent costs in SE Ohio are incredibly cheap. Then again, so are the wages. Most of the factory jobs start at $8/hour or so. So with that said, a lot of people down that way aren't willing to pay more than $500 for a 2 or 3 bedroom home that is approx 1,200 square feet.

its about that in pittsburgh too, other than medical and teaching the good pay jobs have largely left town.

what you might do is advertise rent is 500 a month if paid on time

but lease says rent is 550 if paid late 500 on time.

50 bucks is a wonderful incentive to pay on time:)

if you will leave the indoor fan on and the a/c off it will thaw quicker. check the filter ,low air flow will cause it to freeze up or low freon.

So with that said, a lot of people down that way aren't willing to pay more than $500 for a 2 or 3 bedroom home that is approx 1,200 square feet.

I need to pack up and move. I can do my job from timbuktu!

My last one bedroom apartment was $525

My 2 bed 1 bath with fireplace and dishwasher is right now $495 and come August it drops to $425. Im in an area thats about two miles or so south of the campus but doesnt have sidewalks on the main road, the landlord hadnt had any bites while we were looking for a place in town and after 5 months they got antsy and dropped the rent to get someone into the place so we renewed. :D Got it in writing so we are good to go.

It's awfully funny to compare rental rates throughout the country (hmmm...thread idea anyone?). The point is, down in that part of Ohio, the factory jobs just aren't there. Where I'm living now, the rent for a comparable home is approximately $200/month more than in SE Ohio.

There are no manufacturing jobs here that would qualify as such but theres some small scale industry here. For all intents and purposes the area is still the poor south, most jobs are at $8 an hour or less with the UGA being the largest minimum wage employer in the area and the employer and they smile because they can get away with it because there are so many under educated in the region that will gladly take a job for $6.50 an hour. Still because its a university town its easy to find rentals upwards of $2,300 though these are generaly 5+ bedroom acomidations. The closer you get to Atlanta the higher the rent goes except in those area's that are basicly ghetto's but other area's have moderate to high rent and the north side of town is where the money seems to be at.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts