Al Jazeera Is Now Scrambled

Status
Please reply by conversation.
They killed the golden eggs bird when they changed the AJE format to AJA's. It was very interesting before on 97W and 58W, nos it is very boring.

They killed the golden eggs bird when they changed the AJE format to AJA's. It was very interesting before on 97W and 58W, nos it is very boring.

But of course, they don't see it that way. I regularly watched AJE when it was broadcast here locally on WVNC 30.5, but the Americanized version that replaces it now has established American reporters because Al Jazeera knows that the American mainstream TV audience has more people who will watch that than might watch the shows that I was watching. Similarly, Russia Today now has Larry King Live at 9:00 PM weekdays, rebroadcast at 11:00 PM, and his show isn't even Russian oriented. He gets the same ilk of guests he had when he was on CNN. Russia Today realizes that it has to get its ratings to creep up if it is to ever have a chance at being widely accepted by franchised cable companies, and they will do whatever they must to attract a larger audience, even if it means abandoning their mission at times. I think that if they could get the Westminster Kennel Show, like CNBC did, they would temporarily triple their ratings, like CNBC did. I have to give Al Jazeera credit for at least maintaining its policy of being an international, pro-Palestinian news source, even if they did Americanize their windowdressing.

But of course, they don't see it that way.
for once i think it has/will back fire. honestly think they had more daily viewers of AJE than AJA. there were many more than 22,000 ex middle east people watching alone,then you add persons like me and you.

by the way has anyone watched October war the past 3 weeks ? enjoyed it so far. 1 left today

Thaks to Al Jazeera English turning off it´s FTA feed, now I watch Al Etejah (English) available at 97w and 30w,, and I´ve found it very interesting, news, opinion, documentaries...;)

I last used to look at FTA on Telstar T-5 about a decade ago when I was maintaining the language lab reception facilities for Johns Hopkins School of International Studies. I remember there were several clear channels on T-5, each of which would feature a guy with a beard sitting at a desk and reading aloud in Arabic, and I kept thinking, "I bet that translates to 'Kill, Americans! Kill! Kill!' "

That link isn't working for me right now. It accesses the Al Jazeera site with its video window, but the picture is blank and displays the notice:

Stream not found aljazeer_en_145

All of the other Al Jazeera live news streams are still working.

Yep, I´ve tried and at the moment this link isn´t streaming

http://www.zahistations.net/watch-al-jazeera-english-live

It's back working. It must have just been a glitch.

Al Jazeera English has been breaking up and unwatchable for over 12 hours now, whereas Al Jazeera Arabic and Al Jazeera Mubasher both cintinue to run smoothly.

Al Jazeera America may as well be unwatchable, from one month ago:

"Last week, some of Al Jazeera America’s daytime news programs hit zero among the key demographic of those aged 25 to 54, and its primetime shows bounced in and out of the single-digits in the same demographic. For example, Mediaite reported that the 10 p.m. primetime show Consider This averaged only 3,000 viewers of those aged 25 to 54 and only 9,000 total. On Thursday, the show earned a 0 rating."

"AJAM’s headline program, America Tonight, pulled an average of 18,600 viewers last week. For comparison, the Monday viewership for MSNBC’s The Rachel Maddow Show was 997,000, CNN’s Piers Morgan Tonight was 530,000, and Fox’s The Kelly File was 2,066,000." -- National Review

Wonder what their reach was when AJE was on 97W ?

""Wonder what their reach was when AJE was on 97W ?

I´m sure many people were watching AJE, on 97w, 58w and watching the internet stream. Reading comments on the internet for these past months, I understand that AJE viewers who´ve tried AJAM, do not like it, because it´s not the same thing.

"How badly is Al Jazeera America, the news outlet of the Qatari government, doing? Their viewer 25-54 demos are falling into the zero category in some cases. That means they can forget about any ad money.

Shows like America Tonight were the whole reason why Qatar spent $500 million on Al Jazeera America

The last ad on its YouTube channel got more views than a lot of its programming.

So what did Al Jazeera America end up paying per viewer? Forget the demos. Even average viewership is in the under 20k range. Qatar’s ruler blew 25K per viewer spending 500 million to reach a few thousand viewers an hour

That’s a valid metric because ad rates are based on CPM or the price per thousand viewers. So for example FOX News has a CPM of 4.3 and CNN has a CPM of 2.58 while MSNBC has a CPM of 3.95. Al Jazeera spent $500 million to reach 20,000 viewers giving it a CPM of 25000000"

http://frontpagemag.com/2013/dgreenfield/al-jazeera-america-paid-25000-per-viewer/

Last edited:
Heré´s another thought
How soon will it be before those AJAM anchors, formerly with CNN; ABC; etc, start jumping ship....?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)