aligning SWM-5

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ashley24

Original poster
Dec 2, 2012
Miami fl
I set up my new SWM-5 this wkend but I am having trouble getting readings for SAT 119-110 ( 0 ). I have excellent signal strength on 101(95-100). and good on 99,103 and SWM (83-90). I have tried moving in every direction but cant pick up nothing on 119-110. Does anyone know if these r part of the SWM-5. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

:welcome to Satelliteguys!

Yes, 110 and 119 are received with the swm5 lnb. Could there be a tree or something else blocking the line of sight to those two satellites? Can you post all of the signal strengths for all of the satellite transponders?

Hello ashley24,

Satellite 110 has no programming that DirecTV currently uses but 119 is an active satellite and has programming on it. I have never aligned a Slimline dish but the technique is called dithering. If you actually installed a Swimline that has only one large eye then it is a swimline 3 and only sees 99, 101 and 103.
images
product_thumb.php

Slimline 5 has 3 eyes and sees 99, 101, 103, 110 and 119.
images
images

I switch to the new system which requires only one wire coming out of the LNB then goes into the splitter which splits to the rooms. one receiver has a power supply to the LNB. Is This the SWM-3 I have one eye with one lnb coming out, so i guess thats why i don't get 119-110.

The SWM transponder numbers are in the high 90's, the 99-103 are in the high 80's and and a couple in the 90's. 101 is 95-100. There is nothing in the way it is clear.

I appreciate your help just trying to understand this. is it better to have the SWM-5 with the 3 eyes? WHat am i missing not being able to pick up the 110-119 sat with the SWM-3?

Last edited:
You aren't missing much. Your local sd channels are on 101, so you don't need 119 for that. There are some music channels there, and a few specialty channels.

Ashley,
The 5 lnb was the original set up and the 3 is the newer one, now that D* has shuffled channels around some, most everything is on the 99, 101 and 103 Sats.

Your not really missing much, unless you start having Guide issues (if your actually using the 5 lnb set up.)
If your using the 3 lnb set up, disregard the Guide issues I mentioned.

119 will give you some more shopping channels. More spanish channels. More music channels. Big deal. 3 LNB, or the one eye, will give you everything you really want.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)