All 10 VOOM Channels on Echostar will be on 61.5!

StevenD said:
Thats true. However, when your installer arrives, give him $10 and ask him to point it to 61.5 instead (just to make sure you get the VOOM channels).

Cool, thanks for the specific info.

I just finished the call with E* to make the change and they said I would get two 20" dishes. the primary with the LNB cluster and the second with a single LNB. the second dish was free.

Sean Mota said:
If you already have the VOOM dish at 61.5, it will work with E*. The only thing that they need to do is connected it to the switch. I do not know the details of Dish offerings to VOOM subs.

Not true if your current DishNetwork setup uses DP type switches and LNB's. If you are currently using a Superdish or a dish500 with DP type switches and lnb's then the current VOOM dish will not work because it uses the older legacy type LNB's taht do not do frequency stacking.

If your switch type starts with DP like a DP34 then the LNB on the VOOM dish needs to be replaced to a DP LNB.

I wonder wether E* will offer the VOOM package separately by itself. I have no LOS for 110. With the combination of cable and VOOM 10 it would not be a bad deal.

vader said:
I wonder wether E* will offer the VOOM package separately by itself. I have no LOS for 110. With the combination of cable and VOOM 10 it would not be a bad deal.

You can just get the HD pack for 9.99 plus 5.00 for not having any other basic package. So you cold do that now if you wanted

Ok, now this is getting really confusing. I am on the West Coast. My original VOOM Dish (at 61.5) will be able to pick up Dish. But I have to have a second Dish installed at 148 to pick up the VOOM channels? Is that right?

Tvlman said:
Ok, now this is getting really confusing. I am on the West Coast. My original VOOM Dish (at 61.5) will be able to pick up Dish. But I have to have a second Dish installed at 148 to pick up the VOOM channels? Is that right?

Just ask to connect 61.5 dish instead of installing new 148.
If necessary, ask them to change LNBF from 148 to 61.5.

Paradox-SJ said:
You can just get the HD pack for 9.99 plus 5.00 for not having any other basic package. So you cold do that now if you wanted

Let me understand - HD pack will have other feeds that E* currently carries, so technically to get all of your $9.99+5.00 worth the sub would need 2 dishes. (In my case the second will just look at my neighbor's trees).
Is that right?

I have had VOOM and DishNetwork setup for 1 year now, so i just called their CSR's to find out what needed to be done as far as equipment changes in order for me to receive the 10 VOOM channels on May 1st, and as i expected they are clueless.

It took me 4 escalations to finally talk to a supervisor who finally admitted he herd the news about the 10 channels on May 1st, but he did not know what equipment changes needed to be made. I told him i thought my DP34 on my Superdish would need to replaced with a DP44 (extra lnb connection for 61.5 bird) and that i would need a dish pointed at 61.5 or for them to replace the legacy lnb on the voom dish with a DPLNB. He was clueless and said they just don't know at this time.

Well i was frustrated by this time but just ended the conversation with May 1st is less then 36 hours from now and i would hope that someone at DishNetwork was working on this and would let me know.

LOL, thats why Im not gonna suddenly rush out and buy into Dish just yet. Not for the gain of one voom channel I like, MonsterHD, at the expense 4 of my locals in HD that I never could get OTA via voom. Think at this point makes sense to try and be happy with cable for a cpl months and see how things end up shaking out. This way not out any equipment costs.

It seems at this point that those on the east coast will require a dish at 61.5 and those on the west one at 148.

If you sign up with Dish request the local channels if you qualify, the extra dish is free and also any switches required. Or mention the near future international channels and maybe they will give you the extra dish free.

It's a good day to be a Dish sub and also a wonderfull middle finger to Direct. :yes

Just signed up to get my free dish on the 61.5 sat for my other two locals. Got an install date of next Tuesday, 5/3. So that gives me time to see what falls out with pricing on the new channels, etc...

I suspect that calling on Sunday/Monday Dish CSRs will be a lot more informed and will have the proceedures and costs (if any) ready.

This can be real easy. If in the past you were a Dish customer or are one now. Connect the feed from your Voom dish and see if you can see the International loop. if so, just get a SW21 to connect your two dishes and do a check switch in the setup. I'm running both right now at the same time. My Dish 500 with an 811 and a few other receivers looks at 110/119 and the sw21 brings in 61.5 off the VOOM dish. If you know you have a Dish500 then you should be good to go, get the switch

Sean Mota said:
Scott mentioned this on another thread but I think it is important enough to let any new customers know that as part of your installation, you need to request to get a dish pointing at 61.5 with a setup like this.

heheh already there, They had to put up the second dish so I could get my WLRN CH 17 (local) here in Miami. and it was FREE!

I'm guess I'm glad I returned to the dark side!

I have 61.5

I have been getting the International Indian channels on 61.5 on my Dish receiver for last 5 years. Even though it is a East Coast Satellite, i receive it in Santa Monica , California. This is because all the Indian Channels are on 61.5, so my installer aimed the dish at 61.5, five years ago. I have a dish 500, with leagacy swtiches and a DIsh 942, i just got this week to replace my aging 6000. I was only getting International channels and voom before, paying $5 plus my $49.95 for iIndian channels.

So you don't need Dish pro lnb's. My 61.5 works with my 942, installed this weeek. I have a SW 64 switch which allows you to have three receivers connected to two dishes. My second dish for dish looks at 110, and 119 for my newly aquired Dish top 120.

So my guess is that since i have 61.5, i should get it automatically, since it is already functioning for my internationals, is that rite Scott, Sean?

So can I keep my larger Voom dish up and just have them put a new LNB when they install another Dish for 110?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)