Status
Please reply by conversation.

SpaethCo

Pub Member / Supporter
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Nov 7, 2005
Minneapolis, MN
I logged in to check my DirecTV account and found that $115 has been charged to my credit card. This is a little unsettling because it's far from the $50 I should be paying as a new subscriber.

Absent discounts include:
$10 FreeHD for Life
$10 Refer a Friend
$5 Online Redemption Credit
$24 New subscriber credit
$24 Free Starz & Showtime for 3 months

The only discount that was applied was the $5 primary receiver lease fee credit.

I used the online form to send an email but haven't received a response back yet. Has anyone else had this happen before, and if so how long does it take to get it sorted out?

I logged in to check my DirecTV account and found that $115 has been charged to my credit card. This is a little unsettling because it's far from the $50 I should be paying as a new subscriber.

Absent discounts include:
$10 FreeHD for Life
$10 Refer a Friend
$5 Online Redemption Credit
$24 New subscriber credit
$24 Free Starz & Showtime for 3 months

The only discount that was applied was the $5 primary receiver lease fee credit.

I used the online form to send an email but haven't received a response back yet. Has anyone else had this happen before, and if so how long does it take to get it sorted out?

I'd be calling right away, heck with the email

I had it happen to me today. I signed up in January, and lost all my rebates for July. I did call customer service, and they said it was a problem in the system (so it likely happened to a lot of customers).

They assured me it would be corrected soon, though I won't really see the discount for July until the August bill. So I am paying extra today and will pay a lot less next month.

All my credits appeared on the first bill. There was a 2nd charge of $10 for HD Access but it was credited back the day after the statement was sent out.

Been a sub for a week now and applied for paperless billing @ the site yesterday after hearing of the $20 credit. It signed me up for paperless no problem but today on the site when clicking Go Paperless it says:

We're sorry, but you're not eligible to receive the bill credit since you signed up for Auto Bill Pay, paperless billing and email updates before the Go Green promotion started.

giggle and move on...

I had it happen to me today. I signed up in January, and lost all my rebates for July. I did call customer service, and they said it was a problem in the system (so it likely happened to a lot of customers).

I called this morning and they told me the same thing -- billing system glitch, so I'll be seeing double credits on my August statement.

Irrational as it may be, I'm particularly annoyed I got charged for Showtime & Starz this month. I know it will work out with next month's bill, but I didn't want them in the first place, I couldn't opt-out of getting them when I ordered, and I can't cancel them until the end of the "free" period.

I called this morning and they told me the same thing -- billing system glitch, so I'll be seeing double credits on my August statement.

Irrational as it may be, I'm particularly annoyed I got charged for Showtime & Starz this month. I know it will work out with next month's bill, but I didn't want them in the first place, I couldn't opt-out of getting them when I ordered, and I can't cancel them until the end of the "free" period.

Same here regarding the Showtime/Starz free period. I asked them if I could just opt-out of getting it to begin with, and they said "no", but I could cancel it online when the time expires. We will see how hard they make that...

The same billing issue has shown up for me. I signed up two months ago, and got what I feel is a great deal, especially with all the free hardware I got out of it also.

But...two days ago, I get my bill, and most of my credits are missing. I call them up, and they say there is a problem with billing and they are aware of it. I tell the CSR that they should credit me for the interest they are going to earn on my extra $63 they took out of my bank acct. (Yes, I know it isn't actually that much money...). I was just trying to make a point to the CSR that if they did this "glitch" to a LOT of people, that extra money they sit on for 30 days could add up to big bucks for DIRECTV.

The CSR transferred me to the ACE group. The girl I was talking to was very nice, but you could tell she didn't want to hear any BS. She checks my acct, and here is the basic rundown of what she told me:

1 - Your billing date is the 17th.
2 - Your credit date is the 20th.
3 - Your money was taken on the 18th.
4 - Because your credit date is after your billing date, you won't see the credit until the next month.

-So...I ask her why my first bill was correct.
-She says that all first bills are correct.

-I ask her why did a couple of my credits come through fine on my 2nd bill, if my credit date is the 20th.
-She said the date for those were the 17th.

-I ask why my credit dates would be different, since everything was applied at the same time to begin with, including me filling out the online rebate forms two weeks before my install was done, so that all of my credits would show up starting on day 1.
-She says she doesn't know.

-I then ask her "If you say that my credits are given on the 20th, then why are they not showing up online, since today is the 20th?"
-Her response: "Oh....<long pause>....I will have to give this to the next level to look into. Your credits should be showing by now, but they don't. Something is wrong with your account, and someone higher up will have to look into it."

Yeah....you think?

So, I tell her to have someone contact me to let me know when to look at the online system to see my credits are applied, and she said she would have someone contact me. I will NOT hold my breath for that! They have NEVER called me back for anything when they said they would.

I also told her that if my billing date, and my credit date were truly on different dates, (don't know why in the world that would be, and basically, I don't believe her about that), then they need to get that fixed so that everything was in sync.

Anyone on the inside got any info about what is going on with this "billing issue"? I'm not stressing over it, but it just really sucks that I had to spend an hour on the phone to discuss an issue that the ACE CSR basically wanted to "lightly" argue with me about, and basically lie to me to hopefully get me off the phone, only to discover that what she told me contradicts herself, and that there actually is an issue with my acct, or that the "billing issue" is larger than she thought.

In an interesting turn, I received an email from directv yesterday titled "Your DIRECTV Free HD Confirmation" starting "Thank you for being a DIRECTV customer. In addition to having the very best in entertainment, you will be receiving the HD experience you know and love FREE FOR 2 YEARS!"

Thing is, I called them back around two weeks ago to ask for and get the credit. Not sure what caused an email generation two weeks later. I wonder if they're just giving the HD credit out automatically to everyone who qualifies or who has been a customer for a while or if they just sent this out to everyone who called and asked for it but a couple of weeks after that call...?

Checked my account online again and all of the credits show up as posted in "recent activity" as of today, so I guess something got fixed in the billing system.

Checked my account online again and all of the credits show up as posted in "recent activity" as of today, so I guess something got fixed in the billing system.

I just checked mine online, and my credits do show up now under the "recent activity...EXCEPT for my HD for Life $10 credit. Now I have to call/email them AGAIN to get them to fix that.

Check your credits and make sure you did actually get all of them...

I really wish there was a way for them to pay me for my time when it is their mistake...I've asked for a credit for my time, but they just ignored me.

I just checked mine online, and my credits do show up now under the "recent activity...EXCEPT for my HD for Life $10 credit. Now I have to call/email them AGAIN to get them to fix that.

Check your credits and make sure you did actually get all of them...

I really wish there was a way for them to pay me for my time when it is their mistake...I've asked for a credit for my time, but they just ignored me.

Fixed. They got it applied, and it shows up online now.

Now we play the waiting game and see how screwed up the bill is next month...

mine didnt show up this month.....didnt get the $24 credit
got the others ($5 receiver, $10 referral, $5 bundling with qwest)

my cut off date is also the 17th

guess I shouldnt have to worry then?

called Qwest and they got D* on the phone

computer glitch to folks who had end of bill date as the 17th

$24 credit shows next month...yay! :)

It was nice of DirecTv to call me yesterday to let me know they screwed up and that my credits had been put back. It was an automated call, but better than nothing. ;)

got an e-mail today from D*

Dear Iceberg,

This is an important service announcement from DIRECTV. We recently discovered that one
or more credits have not been applied to your most recent billing statement. DIRECTV is
aware of the issue and is in the process of crediting your account. You will see this credit
reflected in your next billing statement.
We expect all credits to post by August 1.
There is no additional action required on your part at this time. We simply wanted to make
you aware of the issue and to apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused.
Thank you for your understanding in this matter and for your continued loyalty to DIRECTV.

:)

Got the same e-mail today as well. I checked my account and my credits have been applied.

attachment.php

Attachments

• D email.png
    D email.png
    18.9 KB · Views: 118
I have my D* billed through Qwest so the credits may not show on the D* profile

hmmm...checked D* profile and it shows a 24.00 credit :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts