ALL VIACOMS HD ARE ON !!!

Well I just switched to Turbo Silver under the impression that I would get MTV, Nick, and VH1 this month. I am irate! Just sent Dish a nastygram, will see how that goes. Now I am really looking at U-Verse.

Good luck with that. With Dish, what you see is what you get. No amount of reasoning seems to affect them.

Well, given the channels being added, it was going to be a given that Silver and Gold weren't getting anything more than Bronze. The Absolute thing kind of sucks, however.

One question though - back before existing subscribers were (supposed to be) allowed to get Turbo HD, was there a special introductory rate for a new signup if you went with Turbo HD? I remember assuming that the rates were going up on Feb. 1 and that's why they weren't opening them up widely to new customers until then.

There still is a very discounted price for the Turbo packages for new subs as compared to the prices paid by regular Turbo subs or those out of the introductory pricing period. BET is in the Classic Silver and above, not Classic Bronze. Maybe Turbo Silver and Turbo Gold will get that bone in HD when it gets added. I'm sure they'll be dancing over that. It's clear E* is afraid of people abandoning the Classic packages for the all-HD packages. I'm not sure why though. Most of the subs are not HD subs in the first place. HD subs are something like a couple million or so iirc. Sooner or later there won't be any SD anyway. It's just a matter of time. It's stuff like this that makes people irritated with a company. It's easy to push them over to a competitor and hard to get them back. It's not that big a deal overall to me as I have other sources to get stuff from MTV or Nick if it's really necessary. As an 11-year E* subscriber, it does leave a bad taste in my mouth. I've already had 2 cousins call that I hooked up with E* a couple of years ago. They aren't happy. E* already lost my brother and two other cousins because they got pissed dealing with the nonEnglish speakers in Asia that were clueless and E* dallied in getting the locals up in HD. I hooked all of them up in years past.

It is extremely frustrating how this has worked. Coming up with an HD only package that makes sense shouldn't be so hard. When they introduced Turbo HD it did make sense, now they are changing the game and that is annoying

It is extremely frustrating how this has worked. Coming up with an HD only package that makes sense shouldn't be so hard. When they introduced Turbo HD it did make sense, now they are changing the game and that is annoying

Jim said the price increases would be worth it. So far the people who had the largest rate increases haven't been the ones that benefitted. :)

Well I just switched to Turbo Silver under the impression that I would get MTV, Nick, and VH1 this month. I am irate! Just sent Dish a nastygram, will see how that goes. Now I am really looking at U-Verse.

For sure, furthermore it doesn't even make sense that Nick is available in their lowest package (DISH Family) and not Turbo HD.

It's clear E* is afraid of people abandoning the Classic packages for the all-HD packages. I'm not sure why though. Most of the subs are not HD subs in the first place. HD subs are something like a couple million or so iirc. Sooner or later there won't be any SD anyway. It's just a matter of time.

I am. They screwed up their initial pricing for TurboHD, at least assuming they had initial visions of continuing to put all HD channels in Turbo packages.

What's the gap between a Turbo package and the corresponding Classic + HD package now? Like 15 bucks? And that was after the stiff increases to TurboHD packages brought them closer together. I can't imagine that the cost for Dish to carry the SD only channels in these packages is anywhere near that right now, since aside from a handful of channels which get bandied about on this forum, virtually all of the most popular (and thus most expensive to carry) channels are already in HD, much moreso after the Viacom adds.

is it me or are us turbo gold customers getting the same hd channels as absolute subs for a mere 20 dollars a month more(rsn=20 bucks idts).that is if absolute is still 29.99,cause i know turbo gold is 49.99.what a freaking rip-off.

I guess that makes it it official. My account = magic.

I rubbed unicorn tears on my 722 and I got all the new channels with my Turbo HD Gold. So either the unicorn tears helped, or the fact that I went from Americas Top 250 to Turbo Gold in February or I'm just lucky... not sure what the case is, but I won't complain.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts