Amazon's game console reportedly still in development; will cost less than $300

king3pj

SatelliteGuys Master
Lifetime Supporter
Jun 7, 2009
Michigan
This is just another android based console. I don't know why people keep trying to make these. None of them have been successful. If a $99 OUYA that lets you play android games on your TV can't sell why would Amazon think a $300 version of the same thing will? I don't see a box that lets you play phone games on your TV as competition for a traditional console or PC.

yourbeliefs

Something Profound
Pub Member / Supporter
Sep 20, 2007
Northeast
This is just another android based console. I don't know why people keep trying to make these. None of them have been successful. If a $99 OUYA that lets you play android games on your TV can't sell why would Amazon think a $300 version of the same thing will? I don't see a box that lets you play phone games on your TV as competition for a traditional console or PC.
Well the OUYA isn't selling because it's very underpowered and lacks full compatibility. Also, this isn't just a gaming device. If you look at the article they're also going to stream audio/video off prime for it. Still, $300 for that is rather overpriced, especially considering you can get a PS3/360/Wii that can stream the same stuff and play MANY more games.

KE4EST

SatelliteGuys Is My Second Home
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Aug 9, 2004
EM75xb
My life will be complete, I will be able to play Candy Crush on my TV too. :p

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)