AMBox Non-Premium Less (since is missing lots of its claimed functionalities)

hd fan

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 1, 2009
Ontario
This is just a short list of the now long list of fuctionalities that this SAT receiver is yet to have working ok. And the question still remains the same , For how long we still have to wait for the manufacturer to fix this basic functions that even old boxes have working ok.

- No way to select Right or Left Audio independently , needed for a lot FTA channels up there (even the very old CS 6000 can do it)

- No Close Captions at all on any channel on any SAT (sadly again, even the very old CS 6000 does it)

- No way to set a timer to record a channel while away from home (the old CS 8100 does it). I should say that you might be lucky if you also set a schedule for the box to wake up 5 min earlier and go to sleep at the end but even that way it will continue recording untill you come back home so you are unable to record a different show from a different channel.

- Well it acctually Blind Scan but it takes forever , aprox 30 per SAT, just for 1 band and that is if you narrow the search and it still misses a lot. By then either the news feed is gone or the sport event is half way (The old CS 6000 does not blind scan S2 signals but with the DVB-S ones it is super fast and hardly ever missses anything).

Users could add to this list tbut I am more interested in the opinion of this receiver supporters and the vendors who continue to sell this box as if it was the swiss army knife of sat boxes (last I check that knife , unlike this receiver, it allows you to do a lot a do it well)

It's not very nimble, either, compared with the little Openbox S9, but frankly, with it's 4:2:2 support, it's the "Cadillac" of receivers until something better comes along. If I had my way, I'd disable many of the non-receiver functions to get a pared down menu, for only the things I want. :)
Mostly I use mine for a video player, accessing my shared movie drive. If it had some competition, maybe then , they'd clean it up , but I don't see it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)