AMC-16ku

Status
Please reply by conversation.

chadg2

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Apr 2, 2006
Maiden Rock, WI
Could someone please verify for me. Today I did a scan on AMC-16ku and the Patient Ch and JCRQS shows up there 11717/H/4856SR just like SES-2? All other sats are fine. PBJ on AMC-9 is clear as a bell so I can't think my dish is not tracking. Could someone check for me. Thanks

Got some moisture in the atmosphere there?? I've noticed on my system, when the air is full of large droplet fog/mist and dead calm winds, will scan in transponders from the adjacent satellite and sometimes only from the second satellite (4°). (Thought I 'had found something' more than once) The size of the dish probably also plays into it. (Have a 30in. Channel Master sharing the BUD's polar mount here)
Oh, a blind scan here now only finds a couple of feeds, but not copies of the SES-2 transponder.
Check your motor setting to confirm it's moving into position correctly is about all I can think of to make sure your not only 'partially there'.

Thanks guys. Must be tracking issue. I moved the dish last night in the sub-zero weather and it took for ever to get from 85W to 105W. Maybe I got off a bit. I'll check it when it warms up. Chad

yup that will do it
I'm here in MN and sometimes when I scanned 85W I'd get Patient channel too. Its a very strong transponder
(had a 76cm dish)

guess there's the answer

I'm ok with recycling too-small dishes when they do the job.
I'm not okay when they lead to problems.
And I'm never ok buying too-small dishes, new.

Thanks Iceberg. I forgot my dish is a 76cm, not a 75. Thanks for the reply. I since did another scan and patient don't come up now on 85W. Who knows. Thanks again.

Chadg2, the Patient Channel and JQRS services are on AMC 3 Ku at 87 degrees west. AMC 16 normally has only one channel - Echo barker channel 12195 H 3978- that is always up on 85 W, except that when hi def sports feeds in the range of 12180-12200 are up, you will not find this channel. AMC 16 usually has several sports feeds in the evening; Time Warner Cable uses this sat frequently, and you may find ESPN3 and ESPNU basketball games; also ACC basketball (may be encrypted). If you are on 87 west you should also find about 10 Arabic channels (DVB-S), and LPB (DVB-S2).

thanks fafhrd2, those channel went away off AMC-16 about an hour later. Dish must've not been tracking just perfectly after the extreme cold weather. Everything is fine now. All SES-2 channels are back where they belong, and AMC-16 is beaming strong for me. Thanks though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)