AMC 9 85.0W

Status
Please reply by conversation.

naniehgraham

Original poster
Feb 26, 2009
wv
Ok I'm going to try and get AMC 9@85.0W. I have and old Primestar dish and a 31" motorized dish. Right now I'm going to use the primestar. I'm only going to use the horizontal hookup on it. Will this bring in the RTN channels? That is the only channels that I'm interested in. Also how many channels should I receive using this method? Any and all help would be appreceiated.
Thank you

AMC 9 is at 83 west
2 Channels RTN East / West
LNB Skew is very important on this Sat
The Data TP "12160" seems the strongest for me
lyngsat.com/amc9.html

Last night I was messing with my dish And hit a sat. When I scanned one of the channels was named AMC9. Is this possible? Thank you

AMC 9 is at 83 west
2 Channels RTN East / West
LNB Skew is very important on this Sat
The Data TP "12160" seems the strongest for me

Also I do not have a TP 12160. Is there something I'm doing wrong. I'm using a Captiveworks 600P. Could someone tell me the antenna settings?
Thank you

Some receiver's, when they can't pick up the real Channel Name, will name it for you, like:
AMC9-001
Galaxy3C-1
It uses the Sat YOU have selected in the Scan Menu, not necessarily indicating you are on that particular Sat.
Best confirmation is to list the Transponder you found, or compare to Lyngsat / "The List"

Antenna / LNB Settings need to match Your Equip.
What exactly do you have, and how is it connected, switches etc...?

You are doing nothin wrong. The Transponder List that comes with the Receiver are Never up to date.
I would manually add the 12160 TP info into the receiver before adjusting the Dish

there's an NBC news feed on amc 9 too, it says "NBC news channel AMC 9 3/F

use Lyngsat guide to help you understand where you are aimed, I finally got my 8 footer aimed last night, my feedhorn skew was off about 3 degrees and I was getting high 60's, twisted the feedhorn slightly and now get 90's on RTN. WooHoo :up

Status
Please reply by conversation.