AMC streaming and DISH

hvarma2008

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jan 8, 2008
Johnston, IA
Does anyone know when DISH will be available as an option to stream content from AMC?
Every other cable company on this planet seems to be listed, except DISH. Is there another contract renewal coming soon?

Reactions: TheLip
Charlie is pulling the same crap on Fox News Go and Fox Business Go.

Little things like this really annoy customers and contribute to the customer churn rate. I feel no sense of loyalty to Dish because of all the games that Ergen plays.

I noticed you can now use your DISH credentials to stream Comedy Central but you can't with Spike TV... (both are viacom channels)

Frankly, the whole "Digital Rights" thing is really confusing. I think the only thing we can say with a fair amount of certainty is that those channels to which we can't use Dish credentials just means the media company wants to much money, and if Ergen always paid what the media companies want, they same people who complain about not having direct access to that channel would complain the loudest about their Dish bill being so high. All this will cost us extra money in our bill each month. I would prefer for the bills to stay where they are then pay for access to a channel that I can record to my DVR and watch at home or stream out of home using Dish Anywhere. Except for the cases of channels that Dish does not provide in HD, I've had no need for direct access to any channel. Yes, some people do, but I would prefer each person pay their own way for digital rights, but that aint gonna happen. Prefer sports fans pay their own way, but short of Congressional Action, that aint gonna happen either. Perhaps we can offer to pay AMC directly and see if they will take our money. Doubt it.

Maybe Les Moonvies got it right with CBS All Access (sarcasm?), the expensive access to CBS TV we are already paying for (along with every episode of Star Trek that is currently being aired uncut for FREE on Heores & Icons and on BBC America (not quite free) and you name it). Maybe AMC should offer its own stand-alone all access service so those people can pay their own way for digital rights.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tampa8
Charlie is pulling the same crap on Fox News Go and Fox Business Go.

Little things like this really annoy customers and contribute to the customer churn rate. I feel no sense of loyalty to Dish because of all the games that Ergen plays.
What would really annoy customers is if DISH had agreements with all of them instead of the offer of dropping bills by $15 a month or offering an A La Carte plan which should help with the churn rate 1000,000 times more than having digital rights to every channel.

And a side note - Loyalty? Been with DISH over 16 years and would switch if I thought I could do better with programming, equipment, reliability and price. If you are looking for loyalty follow this link.
https://www.petfinder.com/

Reactions: pattykay
What would really annoy customers is if DISH had agreements with all of them instead of the offer of dropping bills by $15 a month or offering an A La Carte plan which should help with the churn rate 1000,000 times more than having digital rights to every channel.

And a side note - Loyalty? Been with DISH over 16 years and would switch if I thought I could do better with programming, equipment, reliability and price. If you are looking for loyalty follow this link.
https://www.petfinder.com/
And there is the "Skinny Bundle" Flex Pack from Dish, an option that no other pay TV service dare to advertise, and Dish is advertising it without restraint. Yeah, the other guys may have similar packages, but they don't want the consumers to know about them. The Flex Pack is not perfect, but it's as good as it can get and something like what has been demanded by consumers. Dish deserves some credit for being a company that seems to want to give customers what they want, unlike every other MVPD. Charlie thinks the way to make money is give the consumer what they want (no altruism there, just plain capitalism), while all the other MVPD's seem much more like a cabal not listening to customers.

An a la carte pricing structure would be, by far, the worst value as consumers would only be able to afford 3 or 4 channels, not the 8-12 that most consumers supposedly regularly watch. Then the argument about how a la carte is "racist" and, also, how it would not allow for NEW, GOOD, services to even get off the ground. A la Carte aint what people think it is.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts