AMIKO Amiko mini HD Se. does not play AVI videos

Vallenato

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 25, 2011
America
Hello Everybody
I am testing the media playback of the The Amiko mini HD Se receiver and I am seeing that does not play my AVI videos from my external Hard disk drive ( 1 TB)..The "strange" is that when I am trying to open any .Avi video, the receiver "freeze" and I can not move Up/down and my remote is not responding. I can not exit from my current function.. I need to restart the receiver (plug off). These Videos are from my Family collection (taken from my Canon digital camera)..The video resolution is 320x240.. These videos plays fine on my computer..
I have tested another codecs and play fine:
Videos Mov: ok
Videos Flv: ok
Videos Mpeg4: ok
Music Mp3: ok
pictures Jpg (low resolution and high resolution): ok
The receiver is new and have the S/W version: 1.0.57..
The features and the manual of the receiver said that Play Avi videos
Important: The receiver is not showing that .Avi codec is not supported. The receiver "Freeze" when I am trying to open .avi video file and it is not responding to anything until is reset
Any suggestions or comments
Thanks
Vallenato

If I'm not mistaken, .avi is a file format, not a codec. The codec can be divx, xvid, or a lot of strange things that aren't used much anymore. I'm guessing that your camera produces one of those strange things. The receiver most likely plays divx and/or xvid only.

Yes, AVI (Audio Video Interleave) is a container or wrapper file. Many different encoders can be used to create video and "wrap" it in an AVI container. If an AVI file won't play it is encoded using something the receiver doesn't recognize or it is also possible the file is corrupted.

FYI: I just put a few AVI files onto a thumb drive and tried to play them on the Amiko Mini HD SE. They are Type 1 DV files that were pulled from a Canon miniDV camcorder using WinDV under Windows XP a few years ago. They will not play and result in the message "Unsupport file!". The box does not lock up though like it does for Vallenato. Pressing exit returns me to the menus.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)