An offered suggestion

jcarrera

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 15, 2006
Florida
Yep, it is me, complaining again...

But please take this simply as an offered suggestion:

It is awful to be scrolling through the guide, see something that sounds interesting, select it...
THEN FIND IT IS NOT WATCHABLE IN YOUR SET OF PURCHASED STUFF!
(and there are places where there are hundreds of these in a sequence)

Please put some kind of mark by the channels that are viewable (or not viewable).

And make a setting option that will cause the system to skip over unavailable channels when channel surfing.

"channel unavailable, try again later" How often does this happen? What does BH say when confronted by this... Faulty DVR, try rebooting, loose, or broken cable, some tech issue on customers end? The whole time BH knows it is issue with SDV, and its limitations, that are causing "unavailable channels" for you and so many other BH customers. Why won't they address it? Acknowledge it? From tips given here in this thread, seems a simple remedy. Perhaps they have just buried themselves too deep over a period of years. Giving false excuses to customers, and even worse in some cases, performing unnecessary and costly repairs. How do they possibly admit now that problem has been on their end all along?

"channel unavailable, try again later" How often does this happen? What does BH say when confronted by this... Faulty DVR, try rebooting, loose, or broken cable, some tech issue on customers end? The whole time BH knows it is issue with SDV, and its limitations, that are causing "unavailable channels" for you and so many other BH customers. Why won't they address it? Acknowledge it? From tips given here in this thread, seems a simple remedy. Perhaps they have just buried themselves too deep over a period of years. Giving false excuses to customers, and even worse in some cases, performing unnecessary and costly repairs. How do they possibly admit now that problem has been on their end all along?

What has that got to do with the topic of this thread?

This is Bright house forum. Your thread referring to "channel unavailable" error message. Wanting to watch certain program, subscribed to channel, paying for it, select it with remote, and "channel unavailable" pops up. Frustrated with that. Did I misinterpret the thread? Sorry if I did.

Read the first post; I think there is a misinterpretation going on...

I was referring to channels that show in the guide but, for example, are in a pay package I do not subscribe to. I was not referring to those that SHOULD be viewable but are not due to technical issues.

My complaint is that things show in the guide that I am not authorized to view--hundreds of them. So, when channel surfing, you click on them and screen comes up saying you can't receive this one.

Also, yes, it is a Brighthouse oriented forum, but within it, each topic is a separate thread (a separate string of posts). We try not to post about issue B in a thread talking about issue A.

Look here:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/forums/106-Bright-House-Cable-Forum

each item listed there is a separate thread. You already have a thread started about your issue, here...
http://www.satelliteguys.us/threads/329851-channel-unavailable-message
and should post about THAT issue in THAT thread.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)